Can they eat Bologna?

I'm not sure.They may eat it but I have never fed any of my bird's meat scrap's.I know Rhodent's like Guinea Pig's Hamster's and gerbil's can devolop a carnivious taste if they are fed meat.My Brother got bit by pet gerbil once and vet blamed on him letting him eat nibble's of meat.I dunno.I just don't feed it to mine.Between my my neighbor's Aussie Sheppard, My poodle, An 3 kittie's never no meat scrap's left anyway!

Quote:
Just wondering....to clarify... are you saying that chickens are not meat eaters? Or just that yours are not fed meat? My chicken's other favorite are slugs
sickbyc.gif

Luke13:34 :

what about the sodium nitrates in the bologna? wouldn't that be back for the chickens?

That was my concern.... As far as nutrition goes, i think Bologna is about the worst thing there is... but i think in moderation, as a special treat or training tools it will be ok. I wanted to make sure i wasn't the only one feeding them bologna and that other chickens ate it and lived
wink.png

Luke13:34 :

what about the sodium nitrates in the bologna? wouldn't that be back for the chickens?

Yes, it would be bad for the chickens and us too! Lucky we still have livers to filter it out. Yuck...​

Quote:
Yes, it would be bad for the chickens and us too! Lucky we still have livers to filter it out. Yuck...

Small amounts are ok yes???
pop.gif

Quote:
Yes, it would be bad for the chickens and us too! Lucky we still have livers to filter it out. Yuck...

pop.gif

Sure they are, we can all stand a little of just about anything. I was just being funny. Serious about the liver thing though....

Quote:
pop.gif

Sure they are, we can all stand a little of just about anything. I was just being funny. Serious about the liver thing though....

I was being funny back....
lau.gif
<---see me funny...
yuckyuck.gif
<--- you funny! I think i need more sleep LOL

Quote:
*sigh* yes, that is all i am to them... freedom from the run (letting them out in the yard) and food.... I figured they'd live, just wanted to make sure they'd not get sick.... like throw up sick....
sickbyc.gif

Back
Top Bottom