can they really lay this much so fast???

Maybe Bernice is rewarding you for taking such good care of her. Or maybe Bernice isn't the layer and she just is the town crier and lets you know someone laid an egg . What the trick someone mentioned on BYC to put lipstick vent vent and see if the next egg is marked with it. I wouldn't use a bright egg or the chickens might attack her. I would also let Bernice keep the tube of lipstick.

Let me try that again, I sound either addle brained or drunk _ I am neither. I meant to say not to use bright RED lipstick because the other chickens may attack. I know others on BYC have suggested and used the lipstick trick on ahens vent to see if the eggs come out marked . Then you would know for certain it is Bernice's egg.Think it sounds okay this time. Duh!!

yuckyuck.gif

Great idea! I know what it's like to sound drunk without being so! LOL. Sometimes......my brain just doesn't translate to my fingers when typing!

I'd like to think its just because I've taken such good care of her, but I might try the lipstick trick to be sure!

Back
Top Bottom