Can this be? a Naked Neck Buff Orp?

okiechick57

Crowing
14 Years
May 22, 2007
Just outside Okc Oklahoma
This is my buff showgirls baby.........BUT,sure looks like the daddys genes are showing up.she is not fluffy.....she is naked neck........but with buff orp feathering happening......nnbo? :eek: Shouldn't a show girl be all fluff?
STEVESRING024.jpg

STEVESRING036.jpg

This one is some sort of feather footed bantam. I had several kinds.including a cochin....and d'uccles..........silver spangled roo daddy? weird looking babies that is for sure. they are now about 3 weeks old
STEVESRING037.jpg

STEVESRING041.jpg

Last edited:
I am not familiar with showgirls, but isn't it possible to get some regular feathering as well as silkie feathering based on the genetics of crossing a naked neck with a silkie? I would think so, but could be missing something here.

Jody

If they are in the first few crossings like F1 or F2 then yes there still can be regular feathering. It takes many crosses to get to have true Showgirls breed true. If it has 5 toes and the dark skin then it is still carring the silkie gene and just had regular feathering. Jenn

Quote:
It does not have a comb yet ! the feathering is totally unlike a silkie.the mom is a showgirl.....dad is a buff orp......just wondering if it will be naked neck and built like a showgirl with freathered feet....but the rest of it feathered like a buff orp......now this will be interesting wont it.... it has 5 toes on one foot and 4 on the other and has the dark skin............hope the others dont make too much fun of her
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom