Can two roosters rule One roost ?

Hi. What I did with my rooster was put him in the garage in a restyled rabbit hutch. You can put them in one of those really large dog carriers as well, which would be better security (& put also in the garage). I put my little fella (silky) inside the garage at sundown when the girls where starting to wonder into their coop. He would stay there overnight on a perch I made. I put in straw, water & food so he would be ok until I took him out at 9am. The neighbours seemed happy with that (they werent the friendliest neighbours either). So I could have my Roo with the flock in the backyard during the day. You could barely hear him in the morning at 6am (had to listen hard) from inside the house. That was my solution. I could also go out in the morning before 9am & feel confident that my roo was safe & not annoying any of the neighbours before I got home a few hours later. I also went away for 2 days & left him in there. It was perfect & he was fine when I got home cos there was plenty of room. I kept the coop door closed for the girls that time too.....they just wondered around in the small enclosed area which I put in a few containers of food & a large waterer.
celebrate.gif

He did crow throughout the day tho......it didnt seem to cause much problems & I live in Townhouses which are pretty close together!!! It worked great.
Good luck with obtaining ur roo. PS (I didnt get any council permission
hide.gif
) I sadly had to sell my flock cos Im moving state....but it worked well.

Last edited:
Greetings! and as far as the yellow men...look for the happy face icon on the toolbar when you are in the reply window...click on it...you get lots of yellow men and then some.
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom