Can u tell me what the grey duck is????

Yes it's getting blue. It doesn't have a white ring around the neck tho. When will It have a green head and ring if it is a drake?

It looks awfully big to be a mallard. I would think Rouen. They're colored exactly like mallards but are bigger and don't fly. It looks like a hen to me but still pretty young. If her head is feathering az green then a drake. Gkod luck. The gray one looks like an indian runner.

It looks awfully big to be a mallard. I would think Rouen. They're colored exactly like mallards but are bigger and don't fly. It looks like a hen to me but still pretty young. If her head is feathering az green then a drake. Gkod luck. The gray one looks like an indian runner.
I thought so too but it only has 1 eye stripe and Rouens have 2.

When mallards or rouens get first feathers are the the adult colors or do they get those after first molt! And, do girls have greenish tint to the heads? Cause there is a distinct greenish tint coming but it's brown coloring like a girl.. I have 10 hens and I have 2 other ducks, so i will need to be prepared for this if it turns out that Isabelle is a boy! ;)

When mallards or rouens get first feathers are the the adult colors or do they get those after first molt! And, do girls have greenish tint to the heads? Cause there is a distinct greenish tint coming but it's brown coloring like a girl.. I have 10 hens and I have 2 other ducks, so i will need to be prepared for this if it turns out that Isabelle is a boy!
wink.png
Heres a link showing pic. of Mallard drake and duck, I'm thinking your is a drake if it has white ring around it's neck http://birding.about.com/od/birdprofiles/ig/Pictures-of-Mallards/

Cinnamon, the hybrid mallard-Pekin cross (I believe) had only one eyestripe, but she was almost as big as a rouen. That could be what your duck is. I'm thinking boy, too, because the bill color seems a bit yellow.

I can't wait til "it" gets its full adult colors so that I can see!!!! :) I do believe he is a Rouen because I looked close and there seems to be 2 stripes! Not positive thi

The "mallard" I also believe to be a Rouen. It looks too large to be a mallard. As a little girl is holding it, I suppose it could be an illusion, but my mallards are right about the same age and I can still hold them in one hand. The eye stripes aren't always a deciding factor, as it varies between birds. And I also agree that the grey looks like perhaps a pet quality blue runner, or some cross of that. Lovely duckers!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom