Can VetRx be used on small chicks?

Can you explain why on earth it's a growing problem if my birds are not reproducing? I have no rooster and therefore I have no future chicks, and I refuse to treat my pets like disposable objects. We live on 5 acres in the middle of the forest with no other chickens nearby. I just don't see the issue here. Perhaps if we were die hard chicken people who owned tons of birds for money-making purposes then yes, that would make sense. But we aren't, and we don't, and therefore I don't see it as a problem.

If this chick does die, however, I would like to take it in for a necropsy so I can know exactly what is going on, seeing as the hens all responded to tetracycline. Would a normal vet do that or do I need to find someone else who will do it?

Last edited:
She made it through the night!!! And even better than that, she was eating and running around the brooder with the banties! I put her back with Molly and she can peep again! Gah, I'm so happy.

Yipee! So glad to hear that your chick is better. One of my week old chicks looked droopy today....she was fine last night and her nose is stuffed up. She already has ACV and polyvisol in water but I did put a little VetRx on her beak......hope it works!
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom