Can we have a Silver Bielefelder thread ???

Anyone else breeding these ?

• Love to see your breeding plans...............

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • I can't be the only one doing this right ???

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Love to see everyone's pictures !

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What I understood from the OP is that she is trying to breed Silver Bielefelder, I did not see a picture of his Silver Bielefelder stock, just the gold Bielefelder she has(she mentions that she will be using the gold Bielefelder stock to produce more silver), when I asked what is the Silver line she is using to produce Silver Bielefelder I did not get any specifics, the chicks on the pics posted are clearly silver duckwing, but I can't see the barring so going from the gathered info I would say that the chicks posted are 100% females and lack barring because the Silver duckwing male used also lacks barring and when crossed to gold Bielefelder a sex linked cross is produced:Silver duckwing females and golden crele cockerels(single barred).

I believe the OP should clarify his breeding strategies so we can comment on it based on that.

I'm also curious how the silver was brought in.
Also unclear of goals. Seems they want silver without barring. But would that not be needed? Seems odd to call them silver Bielefelder if not barred, IDK.
Lot of left guessing.

Thanks !

I saw this thread the other day and love projects like this.
There wasn't much info and now on page two and I'm still lost.
I don't know the breed but trying to follow.
I take it you have a silver duckwing type without barring now?
Curious how you got to this point exactly and where you lost the barring?
And if you are not wanting barring?
What do you have to work with now?
Any adult silvers?
If so breed your silver to your regular (gold) hens.
That will produce all silver hens and cockerels that carry gold and silver.
If your silver rooster isn't barred the pullets won't be barred either but cockerels will be single barred.
Let me know what you have to work with and where you're trying to go and maybe I can give some ideas. If you don't mind.

And at this point I am just allowing what I have to grow, and at which time I can breed them back to the Gold Biel hens, exactly my plan.
What I want to know, is if anyone else is working on this ?
Anyone ?
And to add to this, I just opened a business, so I am out with my birds at 4 am, gone by 8 to the business, home by 6, and out with the birds again, and watering the green house & garden....not much time to get online, but I thank you all for comments.
I do wish others working on this would pop online here.
I am not going to get the barring tile I breed these guys back, in the mean time, I love their wild type coloration...it was a complete surprise !

All righty then.
I am not working on the same project although I'm working on many different color/pattern projects with leghorns.
I have projects that included the same patterns you're working with. Gold duckwing, silver duckwing , silver duckwing with barring and gold duckwing with barring.
I know those patterns and the genes involved and the crosses inside and out at this point but since they're not Bielefelder I guess I'm no use.
Post pics when you get to your finished project. I'd love to see them.

All righty then.
I am not working on the same project although I'm working on many different color/pattern projects with leghorns.
I have projects that included the same patterns you're working with. Gold duckwing, silver duckwing , silver duckwing with barring and gold duckwing with barring.
I know those patterns and the genes involved and the crosses inside and out at this point but since they're not Bielefelder I guess I'm no use.
Post pics when you get to your finished project. I'd love to see them.

Thanks so much ! You rock !!

Im back ! And adding that I have mature hens, and 1 Mature cock & 1 cockerel, and Im just too strapped for time to continue this project. But my final hens are of wild type silver, exactly like silver Wellies

Back
Top Bottom