can we have chickens in our neighborhood even with this ordinance????

Quote:
ok i know this is an older post but i have something to say about this post that i quoted!

i am a homeschooled 8th grader and this is my second year of homeschooling! point is that i live in a neiborrhood where i have no clue if we are allowed to have chickens but we have 11 chickens and 6 under a broody hen!! it is your land to do what you want! now to some extent i agree with you about that you will probably have to get permits or whatever. but i feel affended that you said that it "isnt" a school! yes it is a school and a better one than most public schools and private in fact! i think that homeschoolers are awesome!!! lol

good luck with your chickens!!!!! and with your SCHOOL!!!!!!!

<3 kelsey

Lucyboo, I see you are very passionate about your schooling! I hope that you will reflect again on your blanket statement about a person being able to do whatever they want with their own land. There are as many different ideas on what's right and how to live as there are people in the world. Many folks select their neighborhoods based on the restrictions set forth in their HOAs. They like the uniformity and predictability. Now mind you, I selected my property to make sure that I have minimal covenants and no HOA to deal with. Live and let live.

Here's the thing, your rights end where another's begin. Laws get passed to protect people's rights. There may have been one person that was a really bad neighbor and so a restrictive law was put on the books to protect evryone else from that neighbor's antics. For example, I have a rooster and am legally allowed to have him. Development has sprouted up and if he were to crow at 5 am every day about 25 households would be impacted. I choose to keep him in the barn at night so that he is muffled and I don't disurb my neighbors. I want to do unto others as I would want them to do unto me, so to speak. I want to be polite. Others don't care and the laws are created to make them be polite. If I had 10 roosters and didn't care who I woke up, someone might be motivated to get a law passed banning them, and rightly so.

As an aside, you sound a little defensive about being homeschooled. You may find that some future employers may question how good of an education you have received. It is very important that you present yourself in your best light at all times to combat that notion. I realize this is a message board, but developing good habits are important. I noticed over 20 typographical, spelling and grammatical errors in your post. If you are saying that you receive a better education than most, then you need to present yourself in a polished, professional way. I challenge you, as a student, to go back over and edit your post to reflect the high-caliber student you wish to be!

Last edited:
Quote:
ok i know this is an older post but i have something to say about this post that i quoted!

i am a homeschooled 8th grader and this is my second year of homeschooling! point is that i live in a neiborrhood where i have no clue if we are allowed to have chickens but we have 11 chickens and 6 under a broody hen!! it is your land to do what you want! now to some extent i agree with you about that you will probably have to get permits or whatever. but i feel affended that you said that it "isnt" a school! yes it is a school and a better one than most public schools and private in fact! i think that homeschoolers are awesome!!! lol

<3 kelsey

Lucyboo, I see you are very passionate about your schooling! I hope that you will reflect again on your blanket statement about a person being able to do whatever they want with their own land. There are as many different ideas on what's right and how to live as there are people in the world. Many folks select their neighborhoods based on the restrictions set forth in their HOAs. They like the uniformity and predictability. Now mind you, I selected my property to make sure that I have minimal covenants and no HOA to deal with. Live and let live.

Here's the thing, your rights end where another's begin. Laws get passed to protect people's rights. There may have been one person that was a really bad neighbor and so a restrictive law was put on the books to protect evryone else from that neighbor's antics. For example, I have a rooster and am legally allowed to have him. Development has sprouted up and if he were to crow at 5 am every day about 25 households would be impacted. I choose to keep him in the barn at night so that he is muffled and I don't disurb my neighbors. I want to do unto others as I would want them to do unto me, so to speak. I want to be polite. Others don't care and the laws are created to make them be polite. If I had 10 roosters and didn't care who I woke up, someone might be motivated to get a law passed banning them, and rightly so.

As an aside, you sound a little defensive about being homeschooled. You may find that some future employers may question how good of an education you have received. It is very important that you present yourself in your best light at all times to combat that notion. I realize this is a message board, but developing good habits are important. I noticed over 20 typographical, spelling and grammatical errors in your post. If you are saying that you receive a better education than most, then you need to present yourself in a polished, professional way. I challenge you, as a student, to go back over and edit your post to reflect the high-caliber student you wish to be!

thank you for helping me calm down lol. i was public schooled for 7 years and always had to defend myself and what i believed. i am truley sorry for getting upset about the homeschool remark. i will be apologizing to the person i wrote to but want to just say one more thing.
not that i am trying to defend what i have just said about homeschool and stuff, but while at public middle school i went through too many things with telling my friends i would be homeschooled and being in public school period. the homeschool thing was that people made fun of me after rumors were spead. as for just being in public school, i went through maybe people bullying me,rumors, ect. things i would rather not put on BYC. i really love homeschool and wanted to get a point across not only to that person but also to the people who think that homeschool is stupid. thanks once again.
God bless!!!
<3 kelsey

Quote:

<3 kelsey

This was not an older post; please note that I wrote it this past Tuesday. I did not say you are not properly schooled. I said that you are first and foremost a home, not a school. The purpose of your residence is for you and your family to live, Your family has chosen to school you in that setting instead of a location that's entire purpose is being a school (whether public or private). I was not remarking on the quality of your education at all; neither praising it nor denegrating it. Also, the proposed loophole was calling the home a laboratory, not calling it a school. Quite frankly, if there had been language allowing chickens to be kept in a school, that would be a much more valid loophole.

There are reasons for laws and ordinances, as you should realize at your age. Taking the law into ones own hands because you don't like it creates anarchy. If you do not like a particular law or set of laws, work first within the system to change them.

i am truley sorry about going off on the post. i really hope you forgive me and i also was ( if you have read the post before) very defencive from being public schooled. i had no means nor rights to be mean like that. i was just trying to make a point not only to you (because i am sure you already knew what i was saying lol) but to other people reading. i am soooo sorry once again.
now do i regret what facts i put out there? no. but i do regret how i put it out there.
hide.gif

God bless!!

<3 kelsey

Back
Top Bottom