Solved Can we keep AI photos off the site?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It worries me that a sane person can not tell the difference between that photo and a real photo, yes some ai images look real but that is very obviously not real.
And this is why it's a problem. There are SO many people out there who genuinely can't tell, until you lead them to the telltale clues. Not everybody approaches the world with a critical mind, and not everybody has the experience or tech-savviness to know what to look for. There are so many facebook posts of pretty animals or nature scenes or impressive things and a flood of comments marveling at how amazing nature is, god's creations, blah blah thinking they're looking at a real thing that exists in the real world. My mom sends me cute animal images or images of flowers generated by AI all the time, and has no idea they are fake! And she believes that there are blue roses out there, or black lions, or some new chicken breed with impossible-looking feathers, or that this human baby being cradled by a bear is an actual representation of cross-species love... She is quite embarrassed when I point out how and why it's all fake, but she keeps falling for it regardless. And it's not just animals. AI images depicting politicians "caught red handed" doing things they've never done. Events that never occurred. AI has the power to shape public opinion and perception and that's incredibly dangerous when people can't tell real from fake.

And this is why it's a problem. There are SO many people out there who genuinely can't tell, until you lead them to the telltale clues. Not everybody approaches the world with a critical mind, and not everybody has the experience or tech-savviness to know what to look for. There are so many facebook posts of pretty animals or nature scenes or impressive things and a flood of comments marveling at how amazing nature is, god's creations, blah blah thinking they're looking at a real thing that exists in the real world. My mom sends me cute animal images or images of flowers generated by AI all the time, and has no idea they are fake! And she believes that there are blue roses out there, or black lions, or some new chicken breed with impossible-looking feathers, or that this human baby being cradled by a bear is an actual representation of cross-species love... She is quite embarrassed when I point out how and why it's all fake, but she keeps falling for it regardless. And it's not just animals. AI images depicting politicians "caught red handed" doing things they've never done. Events that never occurred. AI has the power to shape public opinion and perception and that's incredibly dangerous when people can't tell real from fake.
:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

Well said.:thumbsup

I was going to ask the same thing yesterday about BYC not using AI generated images. That fake chick next to the "real" chickens just looked wrong. Thanks for changing it!

Screen Shot 2024-04-02 at 5.50.30 PM.png

The issue people take with this is much larger than one single image, so it's not simple at all. The image just represents the general problem, and people's concerns are legitimate.

Your saying this like this is bottom of the barrel, If you have so much giggling in your soul that you laugh at our concern you should probably just not respond at all, We take counterclaims, Not people making fools out of others from their legitimate concern, Just like how K0k0sha said, The image is only a fraction of the problem we complained about.

Yall are acting like AI is about to take over byc because of AI photos and such, it's literally not a big deal. I'm laughing because of how blown out of proportion it is, not at concerns. I find it funny how people will get so flustered because a site used a AI image.

Like I said, some ai images look real, yes, but many, including this one are clearly fake and not photo realistic at all. If you can't tell that's AI I suggest getting your eyes checked.

Amazing how a simple image of a fake chick can cause so much anger😂
It's not so much anger as concern. AI is a tool, but one that can be easily misused.
It worries me that a sane person can not tell the difference between that photo and a real photo, yes some ai images look real but that is very obviously not real.
Lots of people can tell if an image is AI. But a lot of people genuinely can't and it has nothing to do with sanity or intelligence. Gotta be honest, if I had seen that picture outside of this thread it's unlikely I would have paid it enough attention to clock it as AI. My life is hectic and full enough of misinformation, I don't want to have to scrutinize every single picture I see to figure out if it's real or not.

It's not so much anger as concern. AI is a tool, but

Lots of people can tell if an image is AI. But a lot of people genuinely can't and it has nothing to do with sanity or intelligence. Gotta be honest, if I had seen that picture outside of this thread it's unlikely I would have paid it enough attention to clock it as AI. My life is hectic and full enough of misinformation, I don't want to have to scrutinize every single picture I see to figure out if it's real or not.
The real question is, why does it matter if you thought I was real. Nobody claimed it was their chick, nobody said it was real, it just seems like there's no reason for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom