Can you De-crow a Rooster?

Quote:
I agree I love waking up to a roosters crow too.. But I live in the "country" so to speak, so people really can't complain here
big_smile.png

Quote:
My rooster crows at the sirens going by. We live a few streets away from a major state highway, so they go by a lot. I'm hoping no one complains about him. I'll be so sad to say goodbye.

Sure, it's easy. Just turn it's head until it clicks. It's kind of an off switch I guess. There doesn't seem to be an on switch though.

To address the idea of planting Jerusalem artichoke for rooster-crowing buffer -
Jerusalem artichoke (sunchoke) is edible and spreads. The tubers (like small potatoes) are crisp and yummy. In Vermont it is a perennial that dies back in the winter. I don't know how it acts in southern climes. I have some planted inside a large tire in my front yard. (The tire is buried.) This is to keep the J. artichoke from taking over my front yard. It looks sort of like a small-flowered sunflower. It is both pretty and edible - my ideal in a front yard plant. I don't know how well it would work for blocking rooster crow noise.

Quote:
Yes they do but , it sounds like Little Richard!!
lau.gif
gig.gif

16272_little_richard.jpg

Seriously , I don't know and couldn't help myself with the little Richard joke!!!
tongue.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom