Can you desex a rooster?

A lot of people imagine a great deal more pain than is the truth. A way one can tell about an animal's pain is in watching their behavior. I am not saying that it does not hurt at all, but I am saying that it is not a life threatening pain. If an animal jumps up, can walk, even with a slight limp, that will most likely be gone within 12 hours. If an animal returns to eating, drinking and walking around and acting normally, it was not that painful.

Think of it as scabbed knees. Most of us got them, maybe even cried a bit, but it never stopped me from riding bikes or roller skating.

Mrs K

A lot of people imagine a great deal more pain than is the truth. A way one can tell about an animal's pain is in watching their behavior. I am not saying that it does not hurt at all, but I am saying that it is not a life threatening pain. If an animal jumps up, can walk, even with a slight limp, that will most likely be gone within 12 hours. If an animal returns to eating, drinking and walking around and acting normally, it was not that painful.

Think of it as scabbed knees. Most of us got them, maybe even cried a bit, but it never stopped me from riding bikes or roller skating.

Mrs K

Yep, pretty much this. My boys make more fuss over the feathers being plucked from the area than the incision itself, usually. It's not like they're being fully opened up - it's about an inch long cut down through the ribs, and they can't feel a thing as far as the actual internal operations go.

Back
Top Bottom