Can You Ever Loose The Baby Pooch

deb1

Songster
11 Years
Jun 26, 2008
NC
I have started working out this month. Thus far, I can tell that my waist measurments have decreased and my pants are looser. All good. I am not overweight, but I noticed that the lower portion of my stomach doesn't seem to be tightening up at all. I have had other women told me that you can't tighten up the baby pooch, but those women didn't seem to be able to stick with an excercise program(I might not be able to either). My question is-short of a tummy tuck- can a woman get rid of the loose, lower belly muscle that comes with having several kids? I just want to get in shape, not look like a model but that pooch aggravates me.

Lower ab exercise = Lay on the floor feet in the air. push your heels to the ceiling by lifting your hips and tailbone off the floor.

Do these in addition to all the regular crunches, oblique crunches and cardio.

Good Luck!
Michelle

Sometimes it's not so much that you are seeing loose muscles, but loose skin. Loose muscles can be tightened up, but loose skin cannot without a tuck.

I gained 51 lbs. with my son. Lost it all within 2 weeks and was back down to 95 pounds. I gained 56 lbs. with my DD. I was back down to 105 lbs. after two weeks. No pooch.
Then I had a hysterectomy at 31. The pooch arrived and never left. It's been joined by a few friends since then.
sad.png

I'll have to find the pic of me 7 months pregnant with my DD. I looked like a poster child for feed the children.

No, it won't go away all the way, unless you are a supermodel.

I use my "Joey" (as I call it) for many things. You can:

Entertain the kids with Joey balloon animals.
Gross out the husband by imitating the Adam Sandler movie "Click".
Smuggle rare eggs into the country.
Keep marsupials warm.

When I am older, and the skin is all wierd and fatfree, I am going to have a zipper put in and use it as a coin purse! Just like that skin under my arms!

big_smile.png

My sister, who's younger than I, had two babies and is pregnant with her third, has always been able to avoid the pooch. However, she's physically active and eats healthy. She always has, which may have something to do with her body being able to recover. Plus that she's young, in her late 20's now.

I disagree!

There are many factors, like genetic skin elasticity, etc. I gained 69# with my first daughter and 47# with second. I had never been below 155 as an adult prior to kids.

I breast fed, ate well, and got back down to pre-preg weight after each. Hubby was diagnosed with diabetes and I gave up soda and chocolate. Got down to 130# with some exercise- 6 years after my last kid!

So for the first time in my adult life, I was a good weight for my height and couldn't wear a swimsuit because I was all baggy and loose-skinned! I kept it off, kept working out, and the next summer, my skin had tightened up. I could wear a swimsuit and look good!!

It doesn't shrink tight as fast as we lose weight, but it can tighten up some. I was 33 when this happened, mind you- I don't think my body would respond the same now if I were just losing weight.

It takes time and patience!

Back
Top Bottom