Can Pigeon Pox Kills

Saaniya

Crazy Chicken Mom
6 Years
Aug 31, 2017
New Delhi India
so me and my friend catch a pigeon on 8th evening he seems like a baby pigeon and have pox severely on feet’s(only on feet) we checked his eyes beak inside of beak everything clear only feet affected , we bring him home clean his feet with mild soap , applied some betadine he seems fine on the 8th aug night he had some seeds and water and with a hope that he will survive, next day he seems serious
poop
~all liquid fowl odor poop all day long
~haven’t eat anything i give him some whole wheat bread soaked in water hand feed
~ fowl odor also present in his wounded area
feet’s were filled with multiple pox and lesions with liquids
~5 pm he is active but unable to stand but alert and eyes open
~ until 7:30 he was awake alert but standing in corner
~ 10 pm when i go in the room to check him he passed away , his body was warm so min ago of my arrival he gone 😭😭😭i rescue him from street he wasn’t able to fly , thought to free him after treatment

~ Can fowl pox kill ?
he seems completely fine just feet’s have pain and swelling with loose poop
what if could be ???

Did the pigeon have any yellow lesions or plaques inside the beak or throat? In any type of pox, the diphtheretic form which infects the throat and trachea can cause breathing problems and problems eating and drinking. Apparently, the virus can also then spread to vital organs and cause death. Here is some reading about pigeon pox:
https://vcahospitals.com/know-your-pet/pox-virus-infection-in-birds

Did the pigeon have any yellow lesions or plaques inside the beak or throat? In any type of pox, the diphtheretic form which infects the throat and trachea can cause breathing problems and problems eating and drinking. Apparently, the virus can also then spread to vital organs and cause death. Here is some reading about pigeon pox:
https://vcahospitals.com/know-your-pet/pox-virus-infection-in-birds
there was nothing in his mouth everything neat and clean even the eyes were bright but his legs were badly affected with bumps and scaly raised areas .
also his poop was all water white watery and fowl odor was present .

here in wild i notice many many pigeons with fowl pox one i also found today morning his bead mouth eyes were affected all puss in eyes feet have bumps within few mins he died he came to my balacony not flying not moving i feel so devasted

Back
Top Bottom