Can you feed chickens steak?

Iv got my chickens end of September and thay eat most are scraps thay don't like peas green beans and a few more veg but love all meat

That's a shame that a hawk got one. The way I see it, if it's just going to get thrown out or put in the compost it might as well go through the chickens first. It's that much less feed I have to spend my money on!! Even my neighbors are getting in on it too. I'll find piles of scraps dumped in the run or bowls of stuff on my porch so I can give it to them.

How nice of your neighbors!!
clap.gif
Mine definately love table scraps over their feed. I just have to make sure the meat is not over seasoned. I do notice they don't like the sauce in lasagna or spaghetti. I don't give them anything that has BBQ sauce on it either.

Has anyone given them dairy, such as cottage cheese or hard cheeses? I have given them yogurt though.

Mine love pasta sauce! It looks like a murder scene when they are done they get it everywhere. I give mine milk, cheese, sour cream, cottage cheese... Everything.

Sometimes it's looser than others but no problems with anything. I give them all the scraps at the same time and it's a free for all. That and the fact that they all look alike makes it tough to tell who got what. But none have gotten sick or anything. Now that they are laying I figure the extra calcium will do them good anyhow.
Foamyownsyou, bet you don't turn your back on them with lunch around again huh. Hahaha! Mine love raw fish too. Which is handy because we have riverfront property!

Cooked up one of the younger roo's we butchered last month, took the bones and skin and scraps out to throw on the burn pile...Hens went crazy..
Yeah, payback is a b****
lau.gif

He was one of the meanies that would stand by the coop and waylay the girls after they would do their business

Sometimes it's looser than others but no problems with anything. I give them all the scraps at the same time and it's a free for all. That and the fact that they all look alike makes it tough to tell who got what. But none have gotten sick or anything. Now that they are laying I figure the extra calcium will do them good anyhow.
Foamyownsyou, bet you don't turn your back on them with lunch around again huh. Hahaha! Mine love raw fish too. Which is handy because we have riverfront property!

Yep not going to do that again cause that was my last tostada

Back
Top Bottom