Can you give apple cider vinegar to baby quail?

lightchick

Crowing
6 Years
Apr 3, 2014
Minnesota
I have some Coturnix quail eggs hatching right now and I was wondering if it'd be OK to give them ACV in their water after they hatch. I give ACV to my pigeons and chickens but I can't find anything on giving it to quail.

Thanks!

There's a recipe for "magic water" (see Rhodes recipe) that uses 1 tbsp Mothers or Braggs (raw) ACV, 1/2 cup raw honey, a clove of smashed garlic and one other ingredient (look it up so you won't blame me :) ) in 1 gallon of water (plastic or glass drinkers only as ACV can react with metal drinkers. This Magic Water recipe is for chick's, but I would assume
any age bird could benefit. I'm looking for an "attractant" water to entice my cup drinking quail to change over to our winter watering system with horizontal nipples. I'm making a video using 1 qt "training drinkers" (tipping the drinkers with green nail polish, placing small cuttings of moringa leaves over the trigger, painting the trigger tip leaf green and using the same green nail acrylic to paint fake greenery around the nipples. I've also opaqued the drinker container so they only see the water at the drinkers. It should be uploaded on my TullyRiverQuail you tube channel for your review. I will be using magic water in one drinker and plain water in the other. I plan to tip some drinker nipples with a small chunk of apple, banana and broccoli florette to get their peckers going in the right direction. We will see

Back
Top Bottom