can you help?

Cody Walker

Chirping
6 Years
Jun 18, 2013
new to this forum and hoping you all can help identify these peafowl a friend of mine has. thanks! this is their first year. and they are supposed to be male and female, but they have seen the hen "strut" i dont know much about peafowl. just trying to help them out.

new to this forum and hoping you all can help identify these peafowl a friend of mine has. thanks! this is their first year. and they are supposed to be male and female, but they have seen the hen "strut" i dont know much about peafowl. just trying to help them out.

Looks like 2 boys. The one in the back looks older than 1 year, maybe 2 yrs. the one in front looks like a yearling.

Are you asking what sex they are? Female or hens will fan their tail like a turkey - especially when they are young- making you think they might be a male who hasn't developed yet. If fanning their tail is what they are calling "strut" - it does not mean its male. The one up on the bench looking at her reflection- looks like a hen to me. I'm guessing the one behind looks like a male- but im no pro.

Are you asking what sex they are? Female or hens will fan their tail like a turkey - especially when they are young- making you think they might be a male who hasn't developed yet. If fanning their tail is what they are calling "strut" - it does not mean its male. The one up on the bench looking at her reflection- looks like a hen to me. I'm guessing the one behind looks like a male- but im no pro.
Enlarge the first photo and you can see very obvious stripes on the wings of the younger one who is looking at it's reflection. Hens will never have wings that striped.

Enlarge the first photo and you can see very obvious stripes on the wings of the younger one who is looking at it's reflection. Hens will never have wings that striped.
Oops, my bad.
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom