Can you ID these beasties?

MamaMarcy

Songster
8 Years
Aug 28, 2011
Snohomish, WA
They belong to my brother & sister in law, but we're not sure what they are. Roo is HUGE and MEAN (he's actually very gorgeous and impressive though). The hen almost looks wyandotte but has a stand up comb vs a rosse comb... Thanks for the help!

2m6ahx5.jpg

bijye.jpg

Last edited:
Gold laced wyandottes. Wyandottes can occasionally have single combs, you mostly see it from hatchery birds, good breeders should cull them because it will get carried on and will pop up again.

i heard that its a good thing to have the single comb gene in a wyandotte flock... but i don't remember why... and that rooster looks great if i were him id breed that pair even if hes a bit friskie... i don't think aggression is hereditary. it just varies from bird to bird. luck of the draw.

I tried to hold him once and got it on the hand HARD...big bruise. These are the only 2 they have, and they aren't really coddled (well cared for but not a big people/bird interaction) so maybe that's why he's mean. I don't think she's laying eggs anymore.

i have a GLW hen and she is a beast but lays the smallest eggs LOL its actually very amussing to see this bird that looks like she weighs 12lbs lay this little brown egg always makes me laugh

Back
Top Bottom