Can you ID these Peachicks

CelticOaksFarm

Family owned, family run
10 Years
Sep 7, 2009
Florida - Space Coast
Here are a couple of pictures of the chicks we recede a few weeks back. They are slowly learning to trust us. Any thoughts on their color?

bird 1:
88dbd881.jpg

5290dfa8.jpg

Bird 2:

3210700d.jpg

f7d638b8.jpg

Will try to get more photos if needed, they didn't care for being contai Ed for these today.

Edited as I didn't realize I had their photos jumbled, only two of them not four.
hide.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
They had no idea. I didn't even go to get them, I went to see some geese, but these two were under weight, in with chicks who plucked their crests, and the place was awful. So home they came with me. This has lead to us hiring a crew to build an aviary for them, and we are incubating other peafowl eggs now too.

Just happy these two have all the food they want, grass they want and room to move around.

Yes only two, rearranged the photos to keep the same bird shots together. Thank you for helping I'd them. I can go out and whistle and they will jump up on their perch in the flight pen and answer back. Can't wait to get the aviary done. Will be octagon shaped with a connected three sided shelter with perches to get out of the sun and weather. Wood framed covered in hardware cloth and the tops will have shade cloth over the hardware cloth.

Would they prefer to have their food on the ground, or mounted up higher in the shelter to get to from a perch or shelf? I can do either easily.

Quote:
Thanks KeV,

Will put them in the shelter and mounted up. They can build trap doors to fill from the outside. Love cheap labor, these guys are here working on our base hubby is stationed at and away from home. So feeding them home cooked meals in exchange for their labor.

Back
Top Bottom