Can you make a rooster stop crowing?

Thanks guys!
I had him roost in a spot where he could not strech out his head last night and we didn't hear a peep out of him before I left for work this morning at 7am. I guess that is all I can hope for for now. I am just going to take it day by day. Thanks again

Such a jokester, ASHER

Im surprised no one has suggested little gags for the rooster. You could have them put on each day by midgets Mafia goon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since the weather's been so warm, I've had mine outside in the pen 24/7. My rooster starts crowing some mornings at 4:23...yes, I wake up and look at the clock...curse him and go back to sleep...

So I offered my neighbor a dozen eggs today and he said "no thanks". Asked if the rooster was bothering him and he said no, but it was bothering the neighbor on the other side of him. So...I will be moving just the rooster back into the garage at night, then back out to the pen in the morning. Only because I don't want the city to pay me a visit.

But their barking dogs are ok...that irks me too...

Yeah, I'm lucky that my neighbor loves our chickens and every time we get new breeds, she wants some! hehe

BUT the new seramas crow all. night. long.
lau.gif

oh my...I am only 2/3 lucky. My neighbors on the other side love the chickens. Neighbors in the back haven't said a thing. Wonder what they'll say when my BO rooster gets old enough to crow?! Hopefully I can bribe them with eggs.

Funny thing is my neighbor (that I talked to today) works nights. My rooster does crow during the day too and it doesn't bother any of them. Maybe the one two doors down is just crabby.
barnie.gif

hehe maybe so! or maybe he grew up around a farm and likes it or is used to it? I'm totally immune to it now, don't even notice. Every time my neighbor hears a new chicken or duck or whatever, she calls going "Okay, what did you do now girl? Who's that new roo crowing?"
lau.gif
Then I have to watch over the back lawn and tell her which one it is crowing at that particular time. hehe

BUT I have eight roosters right now so...
idunno.gif
Four seramas, two showgirls, one cochin and one mutt that I rescued for them that got out of their yard and they can no longer keep. He's partially blind and I don't need another roo, but can't find another home for him and can't free range him so he has his own pen. *sigh*

My neighbors who like the chickens keep asking me when I'm getting a cow. They think I'm silly (actually thinking GOATS!) Suburban lots are too small for cows LOL.

The neighbor on the other side that I talked to today - I can't believe the rooster doesn't bother him. He is one big crab. Two weeks ago he yelled at me for not picking up the dog poop before cutting the grass with my tractor. Said the smell wafted into his yard and he didn't like it.

I just really need to find a few acres and move.

Please help I need my beautiful baby roosters to not crowe.

Unfortunately there is only one truly effective way to keep cockerels from crowing.

Depending on how many pullets and hens you have you likely will not want to keep them all anyway.

Back
Top Bottom