1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Can you pick out which one does not belong?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by dutchman, Apr 4, 2008.

1. dutchman

dutchman Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2007
    Lebanon TN
    I was wondering if someone could help me out with this one. I ordered a doz Golden Dutch eggs from Double R and had eight to hatch out. They all seemed to be just alike until about a week ago. I noticed one started looking a little different than the others. Now at five weeks there is a major differance. I think they made a mistake. What do you think? Thanks for any and all imput. Dutchman [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. jeaucamom

jeaucamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    Well it certainly looks like a roo. Maybe that is what the difference in coloring is??

3. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    Someone told me that Double R got their original goldens from a light brown x silver cross. If that is true then light brown and silvers would be expected. It looks like you have a light brown dutch. I dont think goldens are accepted in the standard, but light browns are, so you can show it. Also, I noticed that in the first pic, the one right next to it looks like a boy, I can see saddle feathers.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by