Can you please post pictures of you chicken coop?

here is my coop. all i have to do now is paint !
15518_building_chicken_run_8.jpg

15518_building_chicken_run_7.jpg

15518_wall_painted.jpg

Quote:
what are rustic colors? I just can't see it...

Browns reds greens....u have never heard of rustic color schemes??? I just saw you was wondering what color to paint it. Since you have trees and things I thought that dark, rich colors would look charming. But paint it whatever you want. Sorry I wasn't any help.....
sad.png

Last edited:
Hi BeckyLa,

Sure I will post tomarrow. I got the coop for free but actually is was a playhouse. It's not hard to clean. It's 6ftx6ftx6ft.

I am using the DLM. Right now I have four 10 wk olds and 1, 8 wk old buff orp, and 2, 2 wk olds in side ( 1 BR, and 1 GJ)

Thanks

miron, nice run. Do you have chicken wire going over the top of it also?

I think I am going to modify one of my buildings about the same way. I have my choice of three buildings to use for coops, or just rebuild the roof on the original coop on the property.

Geesh, so many decisions. What's a guy to do? lol

Here's our coops and 'blueprint' of the layout of run:

HPIM0812-1.jpg

Original little coop was 4'x4', then we added the south wing...err additional 4'x4'.
HPIM1068.jpg

While DH wasn't looking, I took over the garden shed and turned it into a second coop:
HPIM1065.jpg

Here's the back run view:
HPIM1048.jpg

Here's the layout:
muhensfolly.jpg

Wow! Great coops, and so clever. Hubby and I have got some good ideas from a mix of these homemade coops. As a matter of fact the recycled materials coop gave me the idea of looking at craigslist for used material, and there it was. 20 buck for a little shed that they'll break down for us! Woot woot!!
lol.png

Simple and effective is what we are striving for. Wish us newbies luck
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom