FREE FLOCK in MD, VA, DE: (1) Cockerel & (4) Pullets

GardenGirlBrown

Chirping
Sep 29, 2023
Greetings from the DC metro area! In February I purchased a small brood of female chicks, hatched February 26. One turned out to be a male. I planned to rehome him alone, however, he has really impressed me with his bravery, intelligence and demeanor. I'd rather try to find a home for them as a unit and take it as a loss. He is growing up to be a beautiful boy with lots of heart. Excellent free ranger and very protective over his girls. I just can't find it in my heart to send him somewhere alone. He lets his girls eat first and takes center stage to protect them whenever the older girls come around. He's dedicated to his little family.

Therefore I am rehoming (5) healthy 13-week-old chickens *AS A PACKAGE*: (1) cockerel and (4) pullets. The cockerel is a French Black Copper Maran. The pullets consist of (2) Austra Whites (cream/beige eggs) and (2) Crested Cream Legbars (blue eggs). So far, they have been raised by hand around humans, (13) one-year-old pullets, and (2) small 20-lb dogs. They free range around the yard all day, eat a diet of organic, soy-free feed and love spending time napping under the fig tree. Of course, they're still a little flighty. I've chalked it up to them still being young, as I handle them quite a lot.

I'd like to rehome them AS A PACKAGE to a person/family who won't put the cockerel in the pot (at least without cause). I do not need any money, but I ask for photos of your facilities and information about you and how long you've been keeping chickens. I don't mind newbies. This would be a fantastic first flock.

Let me know if you are interested! Of course it would be great if you could pick them up, but I can deliver depending on your location.

Back
Top Bottom