Can you save Ronnie the Rooster ?

Well, they have been honest about all of the baggage that he comes with. Exactly why would you want to take on the aggravation?

Why ???? He will go in the trailer with the 60 layers who follow the cattle from field to field - Got to get him off death row onto probation

That's a cute ad and a handsome boy. Congrats on your new addition!

post if you need band-aids - I'll take up a collection
hide.gif

That's a cute ad and a handsome boy. Congrats on your new addition!

post if you need band-aids - I'll take up a collection
hide.gif
Ronnie is back on remand after a rather vicious attack on my beloveds left leg and a blood drawing peck to the hand. His court apperence is Tuesday am

What an honest advertisement!

All roosters need to learn their place. Unfortunately there are some who will fight to the end to be the boss Rooster. If you can't train them then eat them.

The first lesson Stan learned was the power of the Handy Chicken Grabber. If he's acting cocky he's presented with the Grabber and he immediately squats.

Here he's showing a little attitude. Note his head carriage and position of his tail. So the Grabber magically appears

Look at the change in his expression.

He immediately drops into a squat. Note how his eye is on the Grabber.

As soon as he squats I'll back off as he's displayed appropriate behavior. If he hadn't I would have grabbed him by the back of the head and pinned him down and held on until he submitted. This can be brutal, and super aggressive roosters may kill themselves, so I don't advise using this procedure unless you are experienced. Fortunately, Stan learned very quickly. If he ever tried the sneak attack he would not walk away.

So, when he's thinking nasty thoughts, I've taught him how to make the right decision very quickly. He can't help it. He's a rooster. His goal is to protect and breed his girls. However, he's smart enough not to challenge the Handy Chicken Grabber. And to keep him honest, I present the Grabber and practice squatting once or twice a week. As long has he submits he is not harmed.

I need to get one of these Handy Dandy Chicken Grabbers! This looks like the perfect training tool for Edgar the Easter Egger. Ed currently needs refresher rooster reform courses every 2-3 weeks. This has a lot more going for it than a stick. Thank-you for posting about it. Must find one!

Back
Top Bottom