can you sex guinea keets at day one??

She isn't the only one that claimed to be able to sex newly hatched keets. None of them ever provided any proof.
I thought maybe I had some kind of system going last year - the biggest, fastest growing keets were male and the smaller keets were female. Fast forward to this year, where my biggest keet, a Violet, has just started to buck wheat call her fool head off at six weeks oldā€¦ Abother big keet, a royal purple, is an even more persistent buck wheat caller! I wanted to call her something cute, but so far itā€™s ā€œLoudmouthā€ thatā€™s stickingā€¦ :th Itā€™s actually really cute when the adult girls start calling and these squeaky little keet voices chime right in.

I thought maybe I had some kind of system going last year - the biggest, fastest growing keets were male and the smaller keets were female. Fast forward to this year, where my biggest keet, a Violet, has just started to buck wheat call her fool head off at six weeks oldā€¦ Abother big keet, a royal purple, is an even more persistent buck wheat caller! I wanted to call her something cute, but so far itā€™s ā€œLoudmouthā€ thatā€™s stickingā€¦ :th Itā€™s actually really cute when the adult girls start calling and these squeaky little keet voices chime right in.
I understand your dilemma..the puppy gets called Knucklehead more often than not.
I'm clueless w/day old keets, but do still get best results from watching direction of helmet growth.
But if you remember the day I wrote abt Blue sunning himself until Bella ran up,body checked him and then parked herself infront of him, then one has to ponder whether THEY even know for sure. My poor boy looked confused- but only for a few seconds. :gig

LOL I wish I could make money doing it. U have no idea how many calls I get to this day from people asking me to stop by to sex the baby guineas they just hatched. Some ask me to do this with poults too but I always tell them Im not a 100% accurate on turkey poults. I can do this with goslings too and b 100% accurate. I have no idea how to vent sex. I wish I could do this with baby chicks a s well but I cant. Not a single person has ever offered me gas money even after driving to thier farms to do this. All I get is a a thank u months down the road and am told I was right and they want me to teach them how I do it. I have tried with a few and they were sexing them wrong and cant seem to get anyone to get it right. I have have go to a friends next week as they have keets due to hatch and sex them. Thing is they have to b 24 hours old dry and active b4 it will work. Starting to wonder if I can do this via video as long as the babies r calm and not hudleing in the corner from fear. If someone would like me to try they would need to put a colored dot on the keets that I can see in the video and might b better if they used a live web cam over them for a bit so I can watch them and say this color and this color etc r hens and all the other colors r male.
Can you do it through video? I could pay you for it. Hell If you can do it through video then I'm sure I can get tons of people to buy this gift of yours.

Back
Top Bottom