can you sex guinea keets at day one??

@JHorn91180 I am due to hatch keets tomorrow and the next day, could I post pictures and you might be able to tell me whats what? Im planning on keeping 3 for myself and would like one male and two females! lol

Thank you :)

LOL I wish I could make money doing it. U have no idea how many calls I get to this day from people asking me to stop by to sex the baby guineas they just hatched. Some ask me to do this with poults too but I always tell them Im not a 100% accurate on turkey poults. I can do this with goslings too and b 100% accurate. I have no idea how to vent sex. I wish I could do this with baby chicks a s well but I cant. Not a single person has ever offered me gas money even after driving to thier farms to do this. All I get is a a thank u months down the road and am told I was right and they want me to teach them how I do it. I have tried with a few and they were sexing them wrong and cant seem to get anyone to get it right. I have have go to a friends next week as they have keets due to hatch and sex them. Thing is they have to b 24 hours old dry and active b4 it will work. Starting to wonder if I can do this via video as long as the babies r calm and not hudleing in the corner from fear. If someone would like me to try they would need to put a colored dot on the keets that I can see in the video and might b better if they used a live web cam over them for a bit so I can watch them and say this color and this color etc r hens and all the other colors r male.
Has anyone sent you a video of day old guinea fowl?

Thats neat I always guarrented mine and never had to correct any they were always what I sd they were. Hmm maybe I will look for a local hatchery to do this. oddly enough mom always suggested that but I kinda worry the hatchery wont believe me as I have had to prove many skeptics wrong over the years. i have been able to do this since I was 10 and now Im 31 and have still yet to b wrong once
You have a talent for sure JHorn. Do you reveal your secret or is it hush hush? :) I hatched out three recently (ordered eggs and the post office thought it was NFL time) and one of the three has stripe from eye to ear whereas the other two have white faces. Hmmm, what are the chances you reckon? thanks Joe T

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL I wish I could make money doing it. U have no idea how many calls I get to this day from people asking me to stop by to sex the baby guineas they just hatched. Some ask me to do this with poults too but I always tell them Im not a 100% accurate on turkey poults. I can do this with goslings too and b 100% accurate. I have no idea how to vent sex. I wish I could do this with baby chicks a s well but I cant. Not a single person has ever offered me gas money even after driving to thier farms to do this. All I get is a a thank u months down the road and am told I was right and they want me to teach them how I do it. I have tried with a few and they were sexing them wrong and cant seem to get anyone to get it right. I have have go to a friends next week as they have keets due to hatch and sex them. Thing is they have to b 24 hours old dry and active b4 it will work. Starting to wonder if I can do this via video as long as the babies r calm and not hudleing in the corner from fear. If someone would like me to try they would need to put a colored dot on the keets that I can see in the video and might b better if they used a live web cam over them for a bit so I can watch them and say this color and this color etc r hens and all the other colors r male.
Can you do it through video? I could pay you for it. Hell If you can do it through video then I'm sure I can get tons of people to buy this gift of yours.

Back
Top Bottom