Can you sex purple peachicks around 2 months old???

DUH! Why does it always makes more sense when you say it? That is correct, I have a Pied white eye cock and a BS cock that are both split to Cameo so there is a possibility that one or some of my cameo chicks may be male. I was hoping that posting my cameo chicks would get a response but I didn't get any so I have no clue if any of them are males or not.
idunno.gif

But I do not have any Purple, Peach, or Violet cocks.
You could have a male from these chicks, its just that cameo chicks are hard to sex early!

Last edited:
Indigo and hazel are the same I believe.  The purple and bronze crossing produced two slightly different shades of birds.  

Indigo is bronze and purple, hazel is bronze and midnight. The colouring on the neck is very different. I did have some photos sent to me of hazel, but not sure where they went.

If pure purple bred to pure purple or purple pied tho, chick's will not be sex linked. Will be purple male or female

Black shoulder is a pattern not a color they are either
BS (black shoulder) or Barred shoulder Then whatever color they are, the first chick pic is a BS cant tell the color from the pic And by the way the last two pics of the adult birds are purples not blue Purple hens are more of a chocolate color, blues are greyish. Cameo and purples are very similar and hard to tell apart as chicks unless you know the breeding parents and even then you can have a pop out of a different color.

Indigo is a real color, it's a combination of the bronze and purple genes, That being said if you have a bird that is split to purple it's a male since the gene is sex linked. If the bird is exhibiting the purple gene it is either a hen or a full purple male. A hen bird cannot be split to purple.

Indigo is bronze and purple, hazel is bronze and midnight. The colouring on the neck is very different. I did have some photos sent to me of hazel, but not sure where they went.

Hazels are also purple and bronze combination, it just turned out differently than the indigo mutation.

Back
Top Bottom