Can you tell the sex at 30 days?

GamRich

Chirping
Aug 14, 2022
Asheboro, NC
I am SO new to being a chicken mom! I am supposed to have six pullets and now I wonder if I have a roo or two. Big Bertha is my main concern at this point, she is large, curious, head hen already putting the girls in their place. She shows no fear of anything, swings and like to be up as high as possible. Her cone and beak are more red, the other Golden Laced Wyandotte has a yellow cone and beak. I have attached photos at 4 1/2 weeks, you guys are so good at this sexing, what do you think?
IMG_3384.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3383.jpg
    IMG_3383.jpg
    267.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3380.jpg
    IMG_3380.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 3
The Golden Laced Wyandotte's are the question of the day! I just posted one myself. Mine had a red comb at or about the same age. I hope you can find out soon. May I suggest waiting a few more weeks to keep updated on her growth?

I had a GLW and researched this a bit trying to figure her out. I rehomed her at about 10 weeks with a male because I wanted them to be together but to me that's a pretty red comb for this age from what I've seen.

I know people say they are hard to sex but they all seem hard to sex to me but to me I would definitely keep an eye on this one, those legs look pretty thick.

I am anxiously watching and waiting. They will be inside until September 21st because it is much easier on us to have them right in the garage. Do your girls love to fly? I can't take the cover off the 3' tall box without them flying out. If Big Bertha turns out to be a Bert, a new home will be needed. I find myself just too attached already, basically pets.
I have two GLW, of the eight pullets I have the others fly more. I will keep an eye out for that. Mine are free to use the backyard and are with my older gals. When they do fly they remind me of pheasants.

The Golden Laced Wyandotte's are the question of the day! I just posted one myself. Mine had a red comb at or about the same age. I hope you can find out soon. May I suggest waiting a few more weeks to keep updated on her growth?
I am anxiously watching and waiting. They will be inside until September 21st because it is much easier on us to have them right in the garage. Do your girls love to fly? I can't take the cover off the 3' tall box without them flying out. If Big Bertha turns out to be a Bert, a new home will be needed. I find myself just too attached already, basically pets.

Back
Top Bottom