1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Can you tell what this is?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by 2008momof3, Mar 30, 2012.

1. 2008momof3

2008momof3 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2012
    Hi, I am new to the board but not to chicks:) I raised chickens while growing up, then I moved off and got married and 13 years later have decided to get more chicks and get my kids involved with it. I covered a dog kennel we had with chicken wire, built a pallet coop, and got the chicks from a local farmer. They are in the house right now of course all snuggly under their heat lamp:) I was supposed to get 8 Light Brahma chicks. I was going to pick them up, then drop them back at my house, and then I had to go somewhere else so I was on a time limit and did not get to do more then glance at them in the box when she handed them to me. When I got home from all the errands I got to really take a look and found this one did not look like the rest. No feathers on the feet and dark legs. Anyone have a guess at the breed, or breeds it might be? It is the one I am holding of course:)[​IMG]

2. madamwlf

madamwlf Nevermore Acres

Aug 22, 2010
    Mount Airy, MD
    Looks to be an Easter Egger with those green legs. Could feather in white since it is a yellow chick but won't really know until it grows.

3. 2008momof3

2008momof3 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2012
    I hope it is an Easter egger! I was debating between getting the Light Brahmas or the Ameraucana and went with the Brahmas. So if I got a variety of colored egg layer that would be great, lol. I thought the kids would love having the different colored eggs but Brahmas are my favorite so I went with those instead, ha.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  4. felidaet

felidaet Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2008
    Vancouver, Wa.
    Definitely looks like an Easter Egger to me.

5. crchickens

crchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    Blue Ridge, TX
    I am so jealous. That is the one breed I wanted that I was not able to get. It is first on the list for next year. Good luck!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by