Can you use a chicken diaper on a duckling?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by PlumTuckered, Oct 22, 2009.

1. PlumTuckered

PlumTuckered Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2007
    Arkansas
    I have a 4 week old Pekin duckling that I hatched. I was wondering if it's possible to use a chicken diaper on a duckling. Has anyone tried?

Michelle

2. Amyable

Amyable Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Greenleaf, WI
    To keep him clean in the house?

3. PlumTuckered

Jun 27, 2007
    Arkansas
    yes Ma'am. I plan to keep her in the house until she's fully feathered out since the cold weather has started.

Michelle

4. tjcschwar

tjcschwar Out Of The Brooder

Oct 16, 2009
    I am amazed! I never knew that there was such a thing as chicken diapers! I'm having trouble visualizing it - I'm going to have to google it now.[​IMG]

5. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

if you do a search of the forums there are several people at byc that make duck/chicken diapers. you'll probably need several sizes to keep up with the growing.

6. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    Quote:This sounds right, But if you keep it in the house be sure to let it out every day for awhile in order to let it develop it's downey feathers. If not he will never become acclimated to the weather and then be bound to the indoors for a long time.

AL

7. PlumTuckered

Jun 27, 2007
    Arkansas
    I take her out 3 times a day to nibble some grass and play in a little mud puddle. I just don't want her to be outside all the time until she feathers out. She loves to walk around in the house with me but the whole house is carpeted except the kitchen and I don't need my DH having a fit if/when she poops on the carpet LOL So far I've been lucky and it's only happened on the kitchen floor.

Michelle

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by