Can you use a chicken diaper on a duckling?

PlumTuckered

Crowing
15 Years
Jun 27, 2007
Arkansas
I have a 4 week old Pekin duckling that I hatched. I was wondering if it's possible to use a chicken diaper on a duckling. Has anyone tried?

Michelle

yes Ma'am. I plan to keep her in the house until she's fully feathered out since the cold weather has started.

Michelle

I am amazed! I never knew that there was such a thing as chicken diapers! I'm having trouble visualizing it - I'm going to have to google it now.
big_smile.png

Quote:
This sounds right, But if you keep it in the house be sure to let it out every day for awhile in order to let it develop it's downey feathers. If not he will never become acclimated to the weather and then be bound to the indoors for a long time.

AL

I take her out 3 times a day to nibble some grass and play in a little mud puddle. I just don't want her to be outside all the time until she feathers out. She loves to walk around in the house with me but the whole house is carpeted except the kitchen and I don't need my DH having a fit if/when she poops on the carpet LOL So far I've been lucky and it's only happened on the kitchen floor.

Michelle

Back
Top Bottom