Duckling feed

Elaine06

Chirping
Jan 18, 2024
Last year I did chick raiser supplemented with yeast for niacin for my ducklings. I am getting 4 new ducklings next week.

Anyone try mazuri waterfowl starter before? I couldn't find where it said anything about niacin content/availability on the listing but the listing does say it doesn't need any additional supplementation.

Last year I did chick raiser supplemented with yeast for niacin for my ducklings. I am getting 4 new ducklings next week.

Anyone try mazuri waterfowl starter before? I couldn't find where it said anything about niacin content/availability on the listing but the listing does say it doesn't need any additional supplementation.
Yes I have used it and its wonderful.
I still use Mazuri waterfowl maintenance now for my grown ducks. I also put nutrena all flock pellets in the feeders because I have chickens too. I still add some nutritional yeast to the all flock feed once or twice a week. and I always have a side dish available with crushed and flaked oyster shells and my ducks own eggshells after drying and crushing them . Plus dish of grit .

I'm brand new to ducks and got some ducklings last week! I decided to use Mazuri Waterfowl Starter, I wanted something a bit higher quality and that had more niacin, and so far so good with using it! I chose it because I found this post that said the niacin content in that feed is high, 162ppm to be exact. On the ingredient list there's Brewers Dried Yeast that's #12 on the list, so that's pretty high on the list I'd say.
Even though I'm using it, I still add some nutritional yeast to be on the safe side. I think nutritional yeast should always be added to duckling's feed no matter what, just to make sure they get all the niacin they need. Its hard to overdose niacin so that's nothing to worry about.

Has anyone tried Kalmbach starter for their ducklings? What are your opinions on it?

I use Kalmbach waterfowl feed for my grown ducks since it's quite a bit cheaper than the mazuri and easier for me to get but a much better quality than Purina or dumor chicken feed that I was originally using.

Both of those are good companies and feeds. Supplemental niacin shouldn't be necessary unless perhaps for pekins.
I am new and have been looking for the answer to this question for about an hour, but haven't found it yet, so I apologize if it's already been answered. I am getting pekins and they'll be my first ducks. I plan on using chick starter and supplementing niacin with brewer's yeast, but I'm not sure how much. I had seen 150 mg per gallon of water, but after seeing your comment do pekins need more than this? Thanks in advance!

I am new and have been looking for the answer to this question for about an hour, but haven't found it yet, so I apologize if it's already been answered. I am getting pekins and they'll be my first ducks. I plan on using chick starter and supplementing niacin with brewer's yeast, but I'm not sure how much. I had seen 150 mg per gallon of water, but after seeing your comment do pekins need more than this? Thanks in advance!
Most people sprinkle a tablespoon over their food for the day, I think.

Back
Top Bottom