Should I still give my ducklings fortified nutritional yeast if I'm giving them Durvet liquid vitamin B complex?

That is so weird being they sell ducklings. But easy to order also online .
I thought so too. They really didn't have much for ducks at our TSC but they did for chickens. I will order it online, thank you. The nutritional yeast came in today so now one concern gone. They gobbled ot up with their food. I'm stunned at how much they eat and always seem to be starving, lol. Now to get the coop in. Again, I ordered it from TSC. I hope it comes in soon. Thanks again Ms. Lydia!

Keep feed and water out for them 24/7 until they are at least 5-6 weeks old.

Keep us updated on how they are doing. I know you'll be happy to see the coop up and ready for them. More pictures when you can.

Last edited:
Keep feed and water out for them 24/7 until they are at least 5-6 weeks old.

Keep us updated on how they are doing. I know you'll be happy to see the coop up and ready for them. More pictures when you can.
Thank you Ms. Lydia! I will keep you posted on how they and I are doing, lol. Right now I'm exhaused with changing their water. It's absolutely impossible for them to keep their water clean for more than 5 minutes. It's unbelievable the mess they make and then drink that nasty water. I'm changing it 24/7 and exhausted. I have bought 3 different watering containers and regardless it gets filled with poop. This one works the best but it doesn't fit in the brooder right now. I use it when it's sunny and I can put them outside while I clean there brooder area. I appreciate all you help. Have a great Easter week.

Attachments

• 17112915767164331258894045065617.jpg
    17112915767164331258894045065617.jpg
    358.3 KB · Views: 1
I use this one for as many as 4 ducklings home made. I have many different size home made ones the container get larger as they grow. But these they can't climb into. For more than 4 ducklings I add another for each 4.
IMG_2627.jpeg

I use this one for as many as 4 ducklings home made. I have many different size home made ones the container get larger as they grow. But these they can't climb into. For more than 4 ducklings I add another for each 4.
View attachment 3780676
Oh wow, thank you for showing me this! I will go to the store and buy some and make them. I went again yesterday to look for chick grit and other kinds of containers but they are all open with the exception of the one I bought. I couldn't find chick grit anywhere and thry all told me adult grit was OK to use. Is that true?

Not at the age your babies are. Just order some I have to order just about anything I need or want for my flock and now our only feed store has closed. We have heard rumors TSC is coming to our town. :idunno

Not at the age your babies are. Just order some I have to order just about anything I need or want for my flock and now our only feed store has closed. We have heard rumors TSC is coming to our town. :idunno
Ok, I will order it online. Another question. Since I have been told all these may be Peking can I introduce another breed of duck that are younger now than these. I went to Boerne, Tx looking for the chick grit and found Tennessee runners. They are all brown and just a few days old. Can I put these little ones in with my almost 3 week old ducklings? Tomorrow I will have had them 2 weeks and they were a few days old when I bought them. I'm thinking no, because my ducks are already 6 times the size these new babies are, so I didn't buy they, but I want other breeds, not just Peking. They grow literally over night.

I wouldn’t just set up another brooder then when your Runners are around 2 weeks old start doing meet and greet through fencing so big babies can’t pick on the littles. Tn Runners never heard of that breed will have to look them up.

I wouldn’t just set up another brooder then when your Runners are around 2 weeks old start doing meet and greet through fencing so big babies can’t pick on the littles. Tn Runners never heard of that breed will have to look them up.
Oh wow, I can introduce them that early? Cool. I will go buy some of them as well. I had to Google them too. They are pretty ducks. I only want 2 as I need 2 geese too, but so far I can't find any. I heard they will protect the ducks. Do you know if that is true? I heard Guinea hens protect too, but have no clue if they go well with ducks.

I hope a TSC comes to your area. I really like that store. So convenient for us too. Where are you located? I'm in Bulverde, Tx. The big hilly area in South Texas.

Back
Top Bottom