Can????????

lol that would be kinda funny to see. the teach that i got all my chickens and
ducks last year have contated me again for more free pets but they desided toget a verity of folw this year.
i cant wait. now i got to get another brooder.last year i wound up with 80 chickens and 4 ducks. who can turn down free chickens????? lol

The only thing I have heard about NOT putting the turkey poults and chicks together is a disease called blackhead that chickens are more tolerant to and turkeys are not.Therefore the chickens can pass it along to the poults.I personally am getting some poults this spring but will be brooding them seperately and keeping them in a brooder until 7-8 weeks old because I have read that turkeys immune system takes that long to develop and they'll have a better chance if you do so.The blackhead disease is apparently either in your soil or not so it's kind of a waiting game I guess.Once my turkeys are put outside(where my flock of chickens have been roaming about for a year)I'll be keeping a close eye on them to be sure if they develop any symptoms of it. Hope this helps.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom