Canada Goose Goslings for Sale

Pics

Whitney_Croft

Chirping
Feb 27, 2018
Morgan, Utah
Just throwing this out there if anyone is interested. I ended up having so many this year. They'd be $40 each and shipping and handling would be $40. If you want numerous goslings, I would discount the price the more you take. These are pretty neat geese because unlike the other waterfowl I raise (wood ducks, mandarins, cinnamon teel, etc) they are incredibly tame. They follow you around everywhere you go. Anyway, just thought I'd see if anyone would be interested.
group-of-canada-goose-goslings-sleeping.jpg.jpg

Not trying to be a downer or anything, but Canadian geese are protected by the Migratory Bird Act. It's illegal to own, sell, or breed them in the US. So I'm a bit confused by this post.

Is there a domestic version??
Yes, you can legally keep, breed, and sell almost all wild waterfowl types if you get a federal and state permit and buy the birds only from licensed sellers. I've had Canadas before (awesome birds, btw), and I currently have two hen woodies and a Ross' goose. I'm getting some more wild ducks this spring from a friend who is licensed.

Just throwing this out there if anyone is interested. I ended up having so many this year. They'd be $40 each and shipping and handling would be $40. If you want numerous goslings, I would discount the price the more you take. These are pretty neat geese because unlike the other waterfowl I raise (wood ducks, mandarins, cinnamon teel, etc) they are incredibly tame. They follow you around everywhere you go. Anyway, just thought I'd see if anyone would be interested.View attachment 1354611
I purchased six goslings from Stromberg's 12 years ago. One perished in transit. I got a wildlife certificate included. Never clipped them. Tended to wander but were friendly. A couple of the unattached males flew off. Eventually had a pair that remained with me comfortably for many years. The female in particular was very attached (to the gander's consternation). He got swept up in a storm and never returned. She lived another year, sometimes putting her head in my lap. She had respiratory problems and eventually passed. Love to get some more, but appears to be illegal. Why it's OK to have swans and other wild geese but not Canadians -- which are so abundant, I can't explain.

i had a canada i rescued on the river about 10yrs. ago. they are very smart. i would love to get some but would be $120 for 2 geese? id do it for $80.

Back
Top Bottom