Canadian Geese Flew Away Today Left Injured one but they tried

Hi Everyone, Thanks for caring Update 9/1/2013

All Geese Family are still here at city lake.

Researching I read There is chance they may not even leave area ?

The injured or deformed goose the one I know won't be able to fly if family flies away
I am Watching daily if family has to leave it

I will be sure to ask someone for help to rescue. DNR is not an option in my area for goose/geese

Thank You
Kim
Indiana, USA

Last edited:
Hi Everyone, Thanks for caring Update 9/1/2013

All Geese Family are still here at city lake.

Researching I read There is chance they may not even leave area ?

The injured or deformed goose the one I know won't be able to fly if family flies away
I am Watching daily if family has to leave it

I will be sure to ask someone for help to rescue. DNR is not an option in my area for goose/geese

Thank You
Kim
Indiana, USA
I'm really not sure if your geese at the city lake will migrate, I know around here in the mountains they go towards the eastern part on NC. where it's not quite as cold and they can find food. But these don't live in a city park where people feed them, that's the reason they would leave lack of food during the winter. I'm glad they are still with the one that can't fly. Thanks for the update.

All geese family did fly away except for her, so very cold (she) seems to have made friends with a few ducks as family eating in back yard after a big rain last week.

I will have to check on her more often, today 8degrees just too durn cold to walk to lake. lol waaaa
I'm not sure a rescue would be ok...

Last edited:
So sorry for the goose left alone there to try and make it through the winter...
sad.png

All geese family did fly away except for her, so very cold (she) seems to have made friends with a few ducks as family eating in back yard after a big rain last week.

I will have to check on her more often, today 8degrees just too durn cold to walk to lake. lol waaaa
I'm not sure a rescue would be ok...
See if there are any rescue facilities around close a stranded goose they would help in a heart beat. I don't think she'll make it on her own.

We also have an injured Canadian goose, "Gimpy" that is usually hopping around in the backyard. He/she is not my pet and is wild. I live in GA and would like some advise on how I can help him/her. Pics of him foraging and hopping around. He's been this way since July, 2013.
Thanks!!

Oh my so sorry for you to have to see, it hurts I posted last year a goose wing deformed with family, May 2013 Fall they all flew away except
one with deformed wing and couldn't fly.
She/He made it all through the cold winter with other ducks at city lake/pond.

A couple weeks ago, I hear........... no way GEESE landing It was the injured .........family Well I think anyway
They were here a few days .... she was there right in with them and ..........Geese Family You know who Mom is for Sure I think they left again.
other still here and visits often.

Can't tell you how to help, I left alone Seeing.. family visit ..... after winter weird yes ....... really her family? I think so.

We also have an injured Canadian goose, "Gimpy" that is usually hopping around in the backyard. He/she is not my pet and is wild. I live in GA and would like some advise on how I can help him/her. Pics of him foraging and hopping around. He's been this way since July, 2013.
Thanks!!

Looks like it may have broken it's leg at some point, since they are wild i don't see how there is much you can do and since it's been ths way since July 2013 is a testament to the fact it has great survival skills. Thanks for caring though and if you have a wild life rehabber in your area you might give them a call not sure they would be able to do anything either though .. Aren't they gorgeous.

That poor kid. Its heartbreaking for its parents also. But the sad part is that without help that goose will lonesome up and probably die. We have lots of wild Canadian geese that nest and raise their young on our pond every year. I think this year might be a record tho as I saw a gaggle stealth mode past the barn the other night, must have been 40 of them. I sure hope you can find someone to help you catch that baby and give it a good home. Since the gosling has had that since it was bitty tho I doubt it's angel wing. Please keep us posted.

Back
Top Bottom