Canadians check in here....

I hope he makes it. I read that it could be travel stress and to give Nutri-Drench. It goes right into their system. Good luck.

Last edited:

Eating from little plate of food.
This morning I was heating up the brooder and when I checked later the thermometer was MELTING! . YIKES. Raised the lamp up.

I've already done some gardening, but hopefully everything is still far enough under ground that nothing freezes to death!
fl.gif
I've been slow this year. I'm moving mid-summer & finding it challenging to have the urge to garden when much of it's all for naught. From what I've learned, they're tearing down the house after we move anyways (it's old & should be condemned..) so I'm def taking all my berry bushes & the herbs still growing.

I may plant some nasturtiums & some throwaway potatoes in the raised beds to make 'em look nice before we move. More for the neighbours visual enjoyment than mine I guess.

Best of luck w/ your plants!

He didn't make it :( Another tophat also died and now there is another one that really looks like he/she is going the same way :( I'm hoping they don't have something :/

That sucks, losing chicks. I lost a couple last year in my order. I was sad, but got on with focusing on the living ones.

Update on Shawville puppy mill running DC Heritage Poultry! The names to watch out for are Charlene +/or Danielle Labombard. She/they are making the auction, buy/sell/trade circuit in various areas of Ontario. They are handing out cards. They have posted a kijijji ad yesterday with postal code J0X 2Y0. This is their Shawville, Quebec address. Please be advised to NOT purchase ANY of their birds! To buy one means you are keeping them in business! You are not rescuing them, you are creating more misery for other birds. If she/they cannot sell any, they will have to get into something else. The least we can do to stop bird abuse, is to not buy or sell birds to these horrible people!!!

Wow Schellz

Thanks for the info. What kind of people can abuse animals? There is seriously something wrong with anyone that could abuse anything. I have three Rescue Beagles that all came from abusive homes. My first rescue (who we got at 18mths and is 13 this month) still has seizures sustained from a head injury after being beaten by a baseball bat while she was tied up in the back yard. I can't imagine the type of person that can look in the mirror at themselves after doing this to an animal (child or another human being for that matter). Unfortunately I can. Just don't want to.

Here is a pic of my duckies (3.5 weeks) enjoying the dandelions yesterday in the yard. It was sunny but windy and cool. They did not seem to mind.

He didn't make it :( Another tophat also died and now there is another one that really looks like he/she is going the same way :( I'm hoping they don't have something :/
So sorry for your loss. It is crazy how attached we get in such a short period of time. I think it shows the level of love we give them. I ran into a lady in TSC yesterday (my new favourite store) and she was complaining to the manager than she had lost 7 of her chicks that she had purchased May 3. I had got my 8 chicks and 3 ducklings from the same store two weeks prior. He was trying to problem solve what was going on and she literally stated "I am not worried about the ones I lost I just don't want to waste the rest of my money." I am not a quiet person, ( I work as a mental health nurse) and went over and told her about this website and all the great people trying to help each other with suggestions. She looked at me and stated "they are just meat on my table, I don't want to loose any more money that's all" I think the manager felt the same as I did when I told her she didn't deserve to have animals that depended on her. She walked away.

Back
Top Bottom