Canadians check in here....

I can't believe how some people are so cruel and heartless! Creatures feel pain and sorrow. These people need to be locked up and the key thrown away.

i agree sharon, some people in the world we live in today are not deservent of the joys and love that come from raising animals whether it be for food or pets they should be able to enjoy having compassion and proper care taken so they can be happy and healthy

he.gif
Why don't people realize what amazing creatures animals are? I mean, I've lost animals, but I've mourned each and every one of them. The bottom line isn't what matters to me, even when some of my animals do end up on the table, they are treated with love and respect while they live. I could go on all day...better stop now.
duc.gif

:he Why don't people realize what amazing creatures animals are? I mean, I've lost animals, but I've mourned each and every one of them. The bottom line isn't what matters to me, even when some of my animals do end up on the table, they are treated with love and respect while they live. I could go on all day...better stop now.
duc.gif
My sentiments exactly! I give my birds the best life they could have. Makes no difference whether the birds are for meat or pleasure of watching. All are treated equally!

I agree somewhat w/ the earlier comments about being frustrated by lazy/bad bird keepers. I think part of it is also people not wanting to see faces to their meat (ie, not get attached) so they give the "they're just meat birds" attitude. It helps them sleep at night, I suppose.

I know I'm growing my quail for their eggs and meat, I find it would be disrespectful to toss them in a small wired cage & just ignore them most of the time. That's too much like commercial battery cages - the very thing I'm trying to avoid. If they die 'suddenly' I want to know why, I won't just go and buy/hatch more chicks till I'm 110% sure I know why they died (and corrected the issue if it was my fault).

I want mine to be out in the grass (sometimes snow, although they'll have a big coop in winter) in a large covered run to catch bugs & enjoy their days. Yes they will be culled for their meat. They will grow happy lives & give back healthy meat to the family who raised them.

I'm a meat eater, no mistaking it as I'm human, I can't look the other way when they're culled. If I don't eat meat, I'll get sick & die (I already have anemia & protein issues because I'm not eating enough animal meat). It's my responsibility to take care of them in all their life stages.

I won't send mine to a processor - to me that would be true betrayal. I'm the one who raised them, I should be responsible for the karma/emotion of culling them; not hiring a 'hitman' to ready my dinner.

After turning an ol' speed limit sign into a window that opens up I'm DONE w my huge chicken coop other than final trim and painting!!!! Now I get to do the aviary around it and finish the lil creek / duck pond I started! Oh.. and i can garden again.. BUSY BUSY

Back
Top Bottom