Canadians check in here....

I have been thinking about hatching but not yet. Do you use a broody hen or incubator? If incubator, which one? So expensive! :D
We bought a 48 egg incubator online (99$) and it was broken when we got it, but luckily our one EE went broody at the same time so we used her! Unfortunately she turned out to not be such a good mother after all and killed 3 of her 6 chicks and the remaining chicks have been in the house since! Getting close to being able to reunite them now, hopefully it goes better the second time! Now we have decided to bite the bullet and invest in a good incubator just to be safe.

We bought a 48 egg incubator online (99$) and it was broken when we got it, but luckily our one EE went broody at the same time so we used her! Unfortunately she turned out to not be such a good mother after all and killed 3 of her 6 chicks and the remaining chicks have been in the house since! Getting close to being able to reunite them now, hopefully it goes better the second time! Now we have decided to bite the bullet and invest in a good incubator just to be safe.
Silkies are supposed to be great mothers. Mine goes broody alot. She is a great little layer too. She is 2.5 years old. My flock ranges from 19 weeks bcm to 2.5 years old silkie. I still hope to find a small incubator someday. :caf

Silkies are supposed to be great mothers. Mine goes broody alot. She is a great little layer too. She is 2.5 years old. My flock ranges from 19 weeks bcm to 2.5 years old silkie. I still hope to find a small incubator someday. :caf
I have heard that about silkies! Ours is young now, only about 9 weeks but we will have to wait and see :) They are definitely handy to have around

Pics when you get a chance! Thanks!:clap

Attachments

• 20161120_143318.jpg
    20161120_143318.jpg
    638.5 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom