Canadians check in here....

Well, we had 'spring' for a day...we call a day or so that in dear old Ontario. Another lovely day here today; but tomorrow will like bring either:hot stinkin' summer heat (with bugs and all that malarky), OR another 'polar vortex'...you just don't know...in dear Ontario?!
What I DO know: Northern Orioles; 3 pr, House Finches; 3 pr, Wrens, many, Barn and Tree Swallows, many; Eastern Bluebirds 3 pr, Red-bellied Woodpecker 1 Pr; Red-Breasted Grossbeaks 3pr! I get SO Super excited over the wild birds.

But have my own dear flock to report on: 27 Chantecler chickens(Partridge), 6 Beltsville White Turkeys, 7 Cockoo Marans, 5 Amerucana, ONE yearling Rocky Mountain Horse ;)

Hi! From the Lower Mainland of BC! I have been using this forum to find so much information! As a new (2 months in) member of the crazy-chicken-lady club I have much to learn! First lesson (that I had to learn the hard way) was to pace myself! I have 27 birds right now including chicks.
3 Australorp
1 BCM
3 Ameraucana
2 Gold Laced Wyandotte
2 Black Sex Link
1 Olive Egger
4 BBS Orpingtons
2 Silver Laced Polish
6 Bielefelder
1 Barnevelder
1 Rooster (that was suppose to be a pullet)
1 Easter Egger

Well, we had 'spring' for a day...we call a day or so that in dear old Ontario. Another lovely day here today; but tomorrow will like bring either:hot stinkin' summer heat (with bugs and all that malarky), OR another 'polar vortex'...you just don't know...in dear Ontario?!
What I DO know: Northern Orioles; 3 pr, House Finches; 3 pr, Wrens, many, Barn and Tree Swallows, many; Eastern Bluebirds 3 pr, Red-bellied Woodpecker 1 Pr; Red-Breasted Grossbeaks 3pr! I get SO Super excited over the wild birds.

But have my own dear flock to report on: 27 Chantecler chickens(Partridge), 6 Beltsville White Turkeys, 7 Cockoo Marans, 5 Amerucana, ONE yearling Rocky Mountain Horse ;)
You have partridge?! They're so hard to find here, even though they were developed an hour from here. Any chance you ship hatching eggs? I've got white chanteclers.

Back
Top Bottom