Canadians check in here....

Okay so I am in need of some help locating breeds in Canada.. If you read my signature you can see why.. Long story short everything perished in a barn fire, and I'm heart broken...

So many people in the USA are offering hatching eggs and birds, but as you know that is difficult, if not nearly impossible.

Does anyone know of anyone in Eastern Canada (Ontario, Quebec, PEI, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick) who have Black Copper Marans, Partridge Silkies, and really good quality Barred Plymouth Rock?

I'm not asking for a hand out at all. I just need some help locating some reputable breeders. The only way I can recover is to move on.

I lost roughly 175 animals in the fire. My dog, my sheep, my geese, turkeys, ducks and chickens. It was/is devastating.

Thank you for your help.

So, so sorry for your loss! I can offer some help by way of directing you to Poultry Swap Ontario. There are a lot of good breeders there, some even from the east coast, Quebec, Alberta,...Some ship hatching eggs. I sure wish you all the best!

I know of a place in Londonderry, NS that has barred rocks. Active Life Farm. www.activelifefarm.ca/stock.html I'm picking up some Chanteclers and Black Australorps from them this spring.
Kevin is awesome and has great birds, but his rocks are not great at all. His Australorps definitely are though, and I've seen them in person. He has some really nice Blue Australorps. He treats them really well. I am getting my Houdans and Easter Eggers from him as soon as I can. Very nice guy.

Hello!!
I'm from Lyndhurst, Ontario. I'm about 1 hour and half southwest from Ottawa. 45minutes north from Kingston . My farm is Swiftwind Farms. We are primarily cash crop and hay producers. I wanted chickens so this is a new venture for us. I looking forward to meeting everybody.

Tanya, you aren't too far from me. I live between Jasper and Toledo. I just got started with my birds last week, but so far I'm enjoying it. I get a kick out of the chickens sometimes. A real funny bunch! Good luck.

Okay so I am in need of some help locating breeds in Canada.. If you read my signature you can see why.. Long story short everything perished in a barn fire, and I'm heart broken...

So many people in the USA are offering hatching eggs and birds, but as you know that is difficult, if not nearly impossible.

Does anyone know of anyone in Eastern Canada (Ontario, Quebec, PEI, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick) who have Black Copper Marans, Partridge Silkies, and really good quality Barred Plymouth Rock?

I'm not asking for a hand out at all. I just need some help locating some reputable breeders. The only way I can recover is to move on.

I lost roughly 175 animals in the fire. My dog, my sheep, my geese, turkeys, ducks and chickens. It was/is devastating.

Thank you for your help.
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I would help with locating breeders, but when i was living in Canada I never even thought of chickens and don't know any breeders...

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I would help with locating breeders, but when i was living in Canada I never even thought of chickens and don't know any breeders...
Thank you
hugs.gif

It's tough, but looking forward is much easier than looking back.

Hi canadians!!!

I'm a northern ontario girl but am currently living in haldimand (caledonia) ontario

I usually have eggs and birds for sale. Including quail, chickens, guinea, pigeons, ducks

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom