Canadians check in here....

The pics arn't great as I was afraid to take them out of the brooder for long as it is sooo cold the last couple of days. However, here are a few. It's hard to tell if I keep taking pics of the same chick as they all look the same right now. LOL. The ducks are easy. Fat Albert(a) is very large and noisy, Daisy is small and timid and Daffy is the brown one. The chicks will have names when I can tell the difference.
There vary cute!! Right now I'm just over flowing in ducklings and chicks. I'm starting to run out of places to put them lol. I also saved a baby pigeon that fell out of it nest about a week ago.
Almost forgot the turkey poult lol
I've got way to many chicks to show in pics but there mostly black copper marans.
Bre

Last edited:
Hi there PEI Chicken...I am sorry for the time getting back to say hi.Lung cancer and hospital sometimes keep me away and I am still getting used to BYC here. I am in Pictou County here. You may know of New Glasgow or surrounding area.

As for birds I have quite a list. Americana, Auracana, Silver Duckwing, Barred Rock, Japanese Black Tail, Buff Brahmas,Guineas, Rhode Island Reds, White Leghorns, White Rocks, Old English Game, Mini Barred Rock. I can still keep going. I have a lot of heinz57 s as well...lol I also have Embden geese, Pilgrim, Chinese, Toulouse , Indian Runner Mallards, Roen, wild turkey(1). I have been at it for quite a few years and am slowing down due to the cursed Cancer thing tho.

Yes, it is a treat to have fellow Maritimers on board and I see you have been here a lot longer than I. Fun place for only being here at BYC for a couple of months. I have met a lot of good people here from everywhere. I am blown away by the size of thye membership and all the guests that frequent this site. I have fun trying to help answer a lot of questions new people ask if I know what is going on. An excellent people helping people site.

I love PEI but sadly have not been there since the extension has been built. I am going this summer as soon as I can find out where the bird swaps take place on the island. I am quite familiar with the island and often went to Charlottetown, Summerside, Rocky Point, etc. Part of my bucket list is to get back there to say hi to some friends who live there and meet other bird enthusiasts from your area. Nice to meet you and hope we see you in the forums. Now my question is what kind of feathered friends do you raise? Fun hobby, eh...lol Steve

Hello Hamilton, Ont. I am formally from that area a few years back. I am sure you are familiar with Upper Gage Ave., Stoney Creek area, down the mountain on Sherman Ave. Nice to see Ontario here in the forums. Hi Jane, I am Steve and happy to see more Canadians on board. Saw your post and I thought I should say hi and welocome to BYC. Steve

Hi BunkyB

Good to hear from you. I know where Pictou is. Used to travel to Cape Breton often, but now that my daughter is back on PEI I don't make the ferry trip often. There is a poultry show in Borden PEI in May. If you look up the PEI Poultry Fanciers site you will learn when.

I got good news over the weekend. The dozen eggs I mailed to Ontario hatched. 8 out of 12 did anyway. Woman is very happy to get the silver pencilled plymouth rocks. I'm going to mail more to Ontario on May 8th.

Bye for now.

I just wanted to give Canadians here a warning about a poultry business that was mentioned here. "DC Heritage Poultry". I just read on another forum about how they were busted for running a puppy mill last year. Over 500 dogs seized!!! They are repeat offenders & laws aren't strong enough to keep them out of engaging in these businesses! Now they're getting into poultry. Please, do not do business with these people! We must stop the abuse!

Back
Top Bottom