Canadians check in here....

Hi from Québec..

We bought a 35 hectares kand last year so now we can have chickens...

For now we have

30 Sasso chickens
2 ameraucana lavander pullet
1 black améraucana pullets
8 silkies white, black, blue and silver red partridge
16 Chantecler...1 roo.. 1 pullet 5 chicks that I hatched and 9chicks from the Boulianne blue line that I bought 2 monts ago...

Now looking for fly tye fishing breed like Sonnerat (grey jungle fowl) grizzly (like Bluedunn's bird), blue dunn etc...

Hope to find infos here and naybe help sonebody with something.

Bonne nuit

Isabelle
Welcome From New Brunswick. I dont know if your french or not but my first language is french XD.(Dont ask me to type in it you will cringe at my writting though!) . My hubby is an avid fly tier and was asking about chicken breeds for trying flys. This is the first time ive heard specific breeds mentionned!

Salut Camilleathome,

Yes I'm french speaking. That's why I lack english expressions sonetimes.

Yes their are breed that have been selection or developp for their feather's coloring, lenght and tickness. A lot of them are europeen breeds and or treaten as exotic birds so...lot of heat...that of coyrse it is like a little problem here with the harsh winters.

But doibg my researches I stumbled on a topic here regarding those birds and a member name bluedun showed a picture oc a beatiful grizzly roo and ge had no comb or crest...a little bit like the chantecler. That mean that during the winter they would be less fragile...goid thing...and ge realky was wonderful.

Salut Camilleathome,

Yes I'm french speaking. That's why I lack english expressions sonetimes.

Yes their are breed that have been selection or developp for their feather's coloring, lenght and tickness. A lot of them are europeen breeds and or treaten as exotic birds so...lot of heat...that of coyrse it is like a little problem here with the harsh winters.

But doibg my researches I stumbled on a topic here regarding those birds and a member name bluedun showed a picture oc a beatiful grizzly roo and ge had no comb or crest...a little bit like the chantecler. That mean that during the winter they would be less fragile...goid thing...and ge realky was wonderful.
I am going to have to look those up :D. And no problem at all. Im acadian so Ive been speaking both languaged since I was 4. French grammar and spelling is horrible though as I was supposed to be held back in sixth grad and wasnt due to it and struggled through.

Bof don't worry about that. There is always a way to make the conversation understandable...see? I'm sure you understood that one hiihihi....

Back
Top Bottom