Canadians check in here....

Hi Bre,
I'm in Abbotsford, but love my drive to work into horse-country Langley on the weekends! Too bad you weren't breeding Speckled Sussex...I have a beauty young cockerel that is destined for my oven (or BBQ depending on the weather
wink.png
) if he starts to crow. And we all know he's gonna crow...

Hi...

Actually not bad layers when...they're not brooding :p they are normaly good mama but my silkie gen doesn't seem to want to go brooding...well that's life.

Isabelle
Haha, I found a small flock of 4 hens, 1 roo...... 2 were broody, only one sitting on an egg. The lady tells me they should snap out of the brrody and possibly go into molt because of the stress of moving!!
I went to move them to play outside for a bit today and this is what I find!!!! lol
My daughter said they were making funny noises, guess it was this little darling laying!!

Haha, I found a small flock of 4 hens, 1 roo...... 2 were broody, only one sitting on an egg. The lady tells me they should snap out of the brrody and possibly go into molt because of the stress of moving!! I went to move them to play outside for a bit today and this is what I find!!!! lol My daughter said they were making funny noises, guess it was this little darling laying!!
Brooding is part the breed...should be stronger than their will.....but there are exceptions...my is...so I will not reproduce her for that reason...but she is laying.... Isabelle

Wow I don't know why I didn't check here sooner! I'm from Toronto originally but my family has settled about 15 minutes east if Guelph and have never looked back. I have about 40 birds now and I'm working on my first hatch. Look out!!!! I'm a dangerous woman with an incubator...it's like the quantum physics of chicken math...it sweeps you into another dimension where possibilities are limitless! LOL
Anyone off to Mt. Forest in Oct? It will be my first time...

Back
Top Bottom