Canadians check in here....

Pics
Quote:
Of course it counts! Tell us how your move came about and
welcome-byc.gif

I've been on this site for about 5 months, but I just saw this thread.

I have been trying to change the bylaws in Surrey BC, to allow hens on all city lots (they are allowed now, but only on acre lots).

I have been actively working with folks trying to change bylaws in the surrounding cities, too. We think we will soon be successful in Vancouver.

I'd love to hear from anyone in the BC lower mainland that is trying to get chickens allowed in their cities.

Thanks, Heather

I wish you well, Heather- an evolved notion and Vancouverites should respond well, I hope!

We've had 3 blizzards so far. An average winter is 5 and it's not even Christmas!

This is our house, made of BC logs brought to Nova Scotia in the 1970's. So we have a little part of BC here:

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Hi all
smile.png
I'm NW of Toronto, on the Oak Ridges Moraine. I've got 35 Rhode Island Red hens, a Barred Rock rooster, a white Chanticleer rooster, and a mutt rooster of some kind.

I started with day-old chicks two years ago and I've loved every minute of having the birds.

The neighbourhood children love to come by and help me gather eggs and clean the coop and play with the chickens. For their sake, I'd like to have a few coloured-egg-layers like Auracanas. My next project
smile.png

I enjoy reading everyones' posts. There are so many well-informed people on this board. And funny!

Welcome Lalaith ! I live just south of Guelph....I supposely have 4 green egg layers.....well they came out of a green shell...but I think there a mixed breed...and I am waiting patiently for them to start laying...there 26 weeks old now....and I cant wait for the kids to see the colours...

Back
Top Bottom