Canadians check in here....

Hi StarSpun,

I would take them in a heartbeat but I am totally out of your range. I am sorry to hear about it, hope someone closer by will be able to help you out.

Welcome, Wolfiemum!  I live north of Saskatoon.  I have 2 buff Orpingtons, 2 buff Brahmas, 2 Danish brown Leghorns, 2 Easter Eggers, 1 standard white cochin.  Got them as day old chicks last June.  One of the orpingtons is sitting on some eggs.  Here's hoping.... 
Good luck with your eggs. When do you expect them to hatch? I put 7 French black copper marans in the incubator yesterday but my temp spiked for some reason this morning. I hope the babies are ok

Hey!!! I have news!! The local paper published an article about our attempt to change our poultry bylaw! It was super positive and supportive! Yay! Cringed a few times...but overall it was a good article. We should have a verdict next month. Fingers crossed because....

I HAVE CHICKS COMING in May! Speckled sussex and a few wyandotte, from a breeder friend of a friend. So excited! If the bylaw does not go my way and the neighbours complain, I know some folks who would take them for me. BUT I am choosing optimism and this bylaw thing will work out so we can enjoy our chickens!

What is the baby situation like for everyone else?? Can so some please feed me some chick pictures to tide me over??

Great NEWS!!

My brooder chicks .. they are now two weeks and very different. I've been taking them to school (three times now) where my grade four and fives are studying them and their habitat and they are building model coups :) Lots of fun!

Hey!!! I have news!! The local paper published an article about our attempt to change our poultry bylaw! It was super positive and supportive! Yay! Cringed a few times...but overall it was a good article. We should have a verdict next month. Fingers crossed because....

I HAVE CHICKS COMING in May! Speckled sussex and a few wyandotte, from a breeder friend of a friend. So excited! If the bylaw does not go my way and the neighbours complain, I know some folks who would take them for me. BUT I am choosing optimism and this bylaw thing will work out so we can enjoy our chickens!

What is the baby situation like for everyone else?? Can so some please feed me some chick pictures to tide me over??
Congratulations,
fl.gif
for you.

Here are some pictures of my 2 week old Barred Rock and Ameraucana

Also I was a little creative in the last few days, I made myself a Feeder which I can hang on the Wall. So this is my first try and I did paint it ( not finished still a little to do) so Mites do not have so much room to hide in there. If it works out good than I gonna build a few more and hang them in the new coop. When I do the next one I will use different Wood, but for this I just used up what we had.

Very nice, Quack House! Awesome that you bring them to your class. Such an awesome learning opportunity. I am looking into doing something similar for my sons class.

Lie ken, you are so crafty! Love the feeder and your chicks look great!

I will try and find the newspaper article online and share it. It's just a small paper so not sure if the entirety of the paper is published online or not.

Thanks for the squishy chic pics! Love them! Can't wait to get my own!,,

That is GREAT!!
woot.gif

Was it in the St. George Lance?? St. George was started as a small farming community so makes sense that it should be able to get back to it's roots.
Fingers XXX

Back
Top Bottom