Canadians check in here....

Hello! I'm a little slow to respond here, but glad I caught this! I think we have talked yes. We might try her again next Spring.

Right now I'm down to just Barnevelder hens & one EE roo. I'm hoping to get a few other varieties as well as a Swedish Flower Hen. Though a new friend I made recently is thinking on splitting an order of eggs with me, so that I can give a try at hatching. SB sells hers at $100 for a dozen though & SFH's are reputed to have poor hatch rates. So I'm really nervous about that. :(

Def take your time on the coop. The more you can add tweaks to it, the better it'll be for the chickens you get. That way you can start fresh in the Spring with baby chicks & not worry about keeping anyone warm over a freezing winter!^^

I am going to definitely keep trying :) There aren't many places that I was happy with their practices and/or have the breeds I am interested. I hear you though about the cost and being nervous - I was interested in the Jubilee Orpington but it's 100/ per chicken!! We will save that challenge for when we are a bit more experienced haha.

Yes keep trying SB, I saw her this past weekend at the Mount Forest Fur & Feather BST
thumbsup.gif

Nice to see so many Canadians here! Cherry Valley, Ontario here, in beautiful Prince Edward County. We have 3 Rhode Island Reds & 2 Speckled Sussex hens and just got a couple Wyandotte pullets a couple weeks ago.

Love our chickens and have found so much great info on this site!

I am going to definitely keep trying :) There aren't many places that I was happy with their practices and/or have the breeds I am interested. I hear you though about the cost and being nervous - I was interested in the Jubilee Orpington but it's 100/ per chicken!! We will save that challenge for when we are a bit more experienced haha.
Yikes, that is pricy. That's what I dislike about this area. It's often either sickly, inbred mutts for an average price, or super rare breeds of okay quality/health for an arm & a leg. :(

Alberta Poultry, Small Animal & Farm Supply Fall Swap Meet & Sale 2014

Saturday, October 18th, 2014
Linda Hall (South of Stettler, AB east off HWY 56 on the Linda Hall Road)
Public Sale 10am - 4 pm

Chickens - Waterfowl - Game Birds - Peafowl - Rabbits - Sheep - Goats - Miniature Livestock - Produce - Baked Goods - Crafts - Poultry/Small Farm Supplies and more!

BUY SELL TRADE BARTER!!

(Vendor spaces/tables $25 each; livestock outside, produce, crafts, baked goods and more inside Linda Hall. Limited spaces available, book now to avoid disappointment. All monies collected through vendor fees assist in covering expenses such as hall rental, advertising and related items. Vendor access to site from 8:30 am - 5:30 pm. Register at i0895.wix.com/diversifarm#!swap-sale-registration/c9ly )

For more information including confirmed items visit http://www.facebook.com/events/1478669069072142
ReplyQuote Multi

Back
Top Bottom