Canadians check in here....

Hi, you are very close to where I used to live, before the farm, when I was in Morinville. My mom is still in the area so I get out there regularily. Maybe we could have an egg exchange in the spring if you like to hatch, and when my girls start.
I'm in Darwell. The closest places off of 43 would be Glenevis, the Alexis reservation or Cherhill. Off of 16 it would be about 10 min west of Wabamun.
An egg exchange is definitely doable. I raise buckeyes and chanteclers.

I have 9 chicks about 2 weeks old in my basement that I hatched (my first hatch ever), 5 adult chickens outside, and eggs in the incubator.

I have moved the heat lamp up and the floor sitting right under the lamp is 30C, they have only really started running around the whole room (4ftx5ft) in the last couple days, but I can probably move the lamp up again.
That's a good size for 9, and a good thing if you're going to keep them inside for 2 more months!

It would be if I was an American... it’s the Canadian part of the same island chain. There are 5 decent sized Islands a bit north of the San Juans in Canadian Waters... sort of between the southern end of Vancouver Island and the mainland. I’m on the most sparsely populated, about 300 permanent residents. I’ve got direct line of sight to Orcas Island from where I’m building (well, if I walk out through the trees I have it).

Once we get the house built and move out of the 25 foot 5th wheel trailer we’ve been living in it will be living my dream. A little more physical labor than I expected, but I can live with that! We need to adopt some teenagers or something...
Omg that sounds heavenly!
I used to live in WA State, but never made it up to the San Juans.
Someday....

I'm doing something kind of similar to you. I live in what we call around here an Atco trailer. It's the type of trailer that is used a job sites. We bought a house that we had moved to our land. We gutted the interior (which was a good thing because we discovered that there's no insulation in the exterior walls) and are building it back up.

Omg that sounds heavenly!
I used to live in WA State, but never made it up to the San Juans.
Someday....

I'm doing something kind of similar to you. I live in what we call around here an Atco trailer. It's the type of trailer that is used a job sites. We bought a house that we had moved to our land. We gutted the interior (which was a good thing because we discovered that there's no insulation in the exterior walls) and are building it back up.
A Trailer in Alberta in winter??? Well I’ll quit my whining then! We wanted to buy an older home and relocate it at first... then we remembered our last 1950’s one that we renovated and some of those fun little surprises, and the logistics of getting ferried and then it up to the site... we went with a panelized kit from Linwood homes, still working on the foundations, and Finally got our building permit! We started in late 2017 here’s our trusses making the 3 mile trip up to the site:
35A7E48A-1B09-4303-B353-B7B313348A36.jpeg

None of the house pieces have one dimension larger than 12 feet... so we can get it all up to the build site trees and our gully makes anything bigger not really possible!

The same as you as well as Alberta animals, birds & livestock buy/sell/trade; Alberta Farm Poultry /livestock Buy and Sell; Canadian Poultry Buy/Sell/Trade; Canadian Heritage and Purebred poultry breeders Search and Sales; CMC Poultry and Hatching Egg Auction in Canada & Western Canada - Poultry Swap/Show/Event.

Lol. Do you think I belong to enough?
Lol!!!

A Trailer in Alberta in winter??? Well I’ll quit my whining then! We wanted to buy an older home and relocate it at first... then we remembered our last 1950’s one that we renovated and some of those fun little surprises, and the logistics of getting ferried and then it up to the site... we went with a panelized kit from Linwood homes, still working on the foundations, and Finally got our building permit! We started in late 2017 here’s our trusses making the 3 mile trip up to the site:
View attachment 1649881

None of the house pieces have one dimension larger than 12 feet... so we can get it all up to the build site trees and our gully makes anything bigger not really possible!
Omg those trees! Gorgeous!

The house we moved here was built in 1932. Good and solid.

Back
Top Bottom