Canadians check in here....

IMG_20191019_220628.jpg
I will for sure! No snow here yet but it won’t be long every night is below freezing all waters outside the coop have a sheet of ice covering in the morning so far though the water in the coop is unaffected. Albertan I am curious what type of digital thermometer do you use? Sounds like a great idea!
Hi, this is the thermometer I use. It has worked great for 3 years now. I even move it around to the quarantine greenhouse if needed. I had babies with a brooder lamp early in the spring in there. :frow:clapView attachment 1939381

Silkies, Polish, RSL, BSL, Ameraucana / Easter Eggers & BCM roos. What do you have?
I have ameraucanas, bielefelders, hedemora, Brahma and crested cream legbars. My Brahma is for sure a roo and suspicious the hedemora is also a roo but still no feathering to say for sure. The egg in your profile pic is that from your ameraucanas?

Hello!! Welcome Mudma! Good to hear from you!! How are the babies doing? It would be nice to hear from another NS member on this as our weather is so diverse??? I personally would. As they get older, they may not need heat. I put a digital thermometer in mine so I can see it in the house on cold nights. I am the first to admit if the temp drops too low....I thow a blanket over my coop! Lol!! :frow:welcome
Hi How are you guys?
I decided to insulate the coop and keep the heat lamp on as my girls are not even 2 months old yet.
So interesting development, I returned the guineas to the breeder because they were bulling the chickens and it was just getting worse. The breeder was very understanding and said I did the best thing for the chicks as well as the guineas but she gave me 4 chickens to take home but I don't know if any of them are roosters as they were only a few days old so I could be taking another ride out to her place in a while to return roosters.
Have you ever heard of Elector PSP mite/lice treatment and would you know where to get it?
Hope your keeping warm

Back
Top Bottom