Canadians check in here....

Hi How are you guys?
I decided to insulate the coop and keep the heat lamp on as my girls are not even 2 months old yet.
So interesting development, I returned the guineas to the breeder because they were bulling the chickens and it was just getting worse. The breeder was very understanding and said I did the best thing for the chicks as well as the guineas but she gave me 4 chickens to take home but I don't know if any of them are roosters as they were only a few days old so I could be taking another ride out to her place in a while to return roosters.
Have you ever heard of Elector PSP mite/lice treatment and would you know where to get it?
Hope your keeping warm
Hi! Sorry to hear you had to rehome the Guinea fowl. I loved them! I have never heard of that product. I only use diatomaceous earth in their dust bath. . I used to buy poultry dust but you cannot get it anymore. I will look it up for you! We have a nice break in the fall. Beautiful this week. Talk soon!

Hi How are you guys?
I decided to insulate the coop and keep the heat lamp on as my girls are not even 2 months old yet.
So interesting development, I returned the guineas to the breeder because they were bulling the chickens and it was just getting worse. The breeder was very understanding and said I did the best thing for the chicks as well as the guineas but she gave me 4 chickens to take home but I don't know if any of them are roosters as they were only a few days old so I could be taking another ride out to her place in a while to return roosters.
Have you ever heard of Elector PSP mite/lice treatment and would you know where to get it?
Hope your keeping warm
Okay, it is also called Spinosad....Could not find a dealer. Also called Entrust in the organic farming community. Maybe try a greenhouse. It is toxic to bees though. :th

I have ameraucanas, bielefelders, hedemora, Brahma and crested cream legbars. My Brahma is for sure a roo and suspicious the hedemora is also a roo but still no feathering to say for sure. The egg in your profile pic is that from your ameraucanas?
I've never heard of hedemora before! I'd love to have crested legbars some day! Right now I'm trying to re-home the 15 week roos from my July hatch. Yes, the blue egg is from my blue ameraucana (Bernice). One of my polish girls is a mix... she just started to lay a blue/green egg. I bought some hatching eggs so I could get some
Hi Cowgirl Momma I am in Ontario also just north of Barrie
A few hours from you. Beautiful blue egg in your profile! Welcome
Hi there! Thank you!

I've never heard of hedemora before! I'd love to have crested legbars some day! Right now I'm trying to re-home the 15 week roos from my July hatch. Yes, the blue egg is from my blue ameraucana (Bernice). One of my polish girls is a mix... she just started to lay a blue/green egg. I bought some hatching eggs so I could get some

Mine are too young to lay yet, but i am very excited to see the first eggs! The legbars are very cute and the most inquisitive, the ameraucanas are the friendliest and the hedemora I find is the most flighty also the trouble maker of the group lol I had thought about hatching too but I don’t know what I would do with all the roos! So unfortunate they can’t get along well together.

Mine are too young to lay yet, but i am very excited to see the first eggs! The legbars are very cute and the most inquisitive, the ameraucanas are the friendliest and the hedemora I find is the most flighty also the trouble maker of the group lol I had thought about hatching too but I don’t know what I would do with all the roos! So unfortunate they can’t get along well together.

A friend of mine has legbars, love them! Of course I want some lol! I love my blue ameraucana hen, would love more of her too! I've never heard of the hedemora!!! Will have to google them... My first hatch only 5/7 hatched... only 1 was a pullet... so 4 roos, lol! My 2nd hatch all 7 hatched... only 2 pullets!!! Ya, I know too many roos, UGH! I've got 3 from my 1st hatch running with 10 hens. They get along great! Now I'm currently trying to find homes for 3 from my last hatch, 2 are sold already. I have those 3 (3mnth) old roos in their own coop (poor boys)

A friend of mine has legbars, love them! Of course I want some lol! I love my blue ameraucana hen, would love more of her too! I've never heard of the hedemora!!! Will have to google them... My first hatch only 5/7 hatched... only 1 was a pullet... so 4 roos, lol! My 2nd hatch all 7 hatched... only 2 pullets!!! Ya, I know too many roos, UGH! I've got 3 from my 1st hatch running with 10 hens. They get along great! Now I'm currently trying to find homes for 3 from my last hatch, 2 are sold already. I have those 3 (3mnth) old roos in their own coop (poor boys)
I have read in the hatching threads it was a particularly good year for the boys!! I guess we have to feel fortunate we don’t live in areas that don’t allow Roos, it would be sad to have to rehome them if they get along well. My two boys are best friends right now they are still young but they are always hanging out together.

@Albertan I got my temperature monitor today! Wondering what do you try to attain for humidity in the winter?

Attachments

• 294E1AC5-E787-4853-AE38-7C3C9DBBD7E2.jpeg
    294E1AC5-E787-4853-AE38-7C3C9DBBD7E2.jpeg
    170 KB · Views: 4
@Albertan I got my temperature monitor today! Wondering what do you try to attain for humidity in the winter?
Fancy! :DNew model obviously! We have normally dry humidity in southern Alberta. So mine usually sits between 50 to 60 percent in winter I read that normal poultry houses keep humidity between 60 to 75 percent. Add more ventilation if too high. Today it's 48.

Back
Top Bottom