Canadians check in here....

this weekend am planning to go up to my family's land and do some coyote hunting and trapping what ever fur bearer is around, supposed to be nice, maybe get some ice fishing in.
I hope you don't mind me asking? Where in Canada are you located? You might have mentioned that and I forgot or missed it ?

Hello!! Welcome Mudma! Good to hear from you!! How are the babies doing? It would be nice to hear from another NS member on this as our weather is so diverse??? I personally would. As they get older, they may not need heat. I put a digital thermometer in mine so I can see it in the house on cold nights. I am the first to admit if the temp drops too low....I thow a blanket over my coop! Lol!! :frow:welcome
Hey there, so I have purchased some chicken peepers in the hope that they will help integrate my 2 new hens, the big girls are relentless.

back from hunting coyotes, got none, did not even see any.

but saw otter, fisher and marten tracks on our land which was cool.
Ooo fishers are sneaky little buggers. Especially with chickens. Are you going to put any animals/birds on the land?

Hi @Cooba ! Welcome to BYC. Do you have birds or are you planning on some?

don't think so. too many predators to deal with. :)
Sounds like it! Are you going to farm it or leave it as hunting grounds?
The coyotes have been quiet around here lately, thank goodness. I lost birds late summer to them. My muscovies went missing 2 weeks ago. Hopefully they've just found a new spot for winter.

Sounds like it! Are you going to farm it or leave it as hunting grounds?
The coyotes have been quiet around here lately, thank goodness. I lost birds late summer to them. My muscovies went missing 2 weeks ago. Hopefully they've just found a new spot for winter.
where thinking of starting a garden there but mainly hunting for right now.

Back
Top Bottom