Canadians check in here....

I think it is a good sign. The warm water bath may have been the best thing. :thumbsup

I do hope so. I have just noticed that her underbelly is all nice & very fluffy now after her little bath šŸ™‚ it wasnā€™t looking so good before hand so I do hope it wasnā€™t a bad call as I know getting cold is a disaster for chickie-babies. But that was about 3 hrs ago now so & I just watched her drink. Tried a bit more bean paste, she licked it but didnā€™t seem interested & not in a ā€œIā€™m to weak to careā€ way but more of a ā€œIā€™m content at the momentā€ way šŸ„°

Little update: chickie-baby, or Raven lol, is still not eating on her own šŸ˜• this morning she was so weak looking it broke my heart šŸ’”šŸ˜Ŗ Iā€™ve been cleaning her butt a lot as it seems sheā€™s got that pasty butt thing but this morning she needed a bath, mostly because it was dry & I didnā€™t want to do it the way I have been lol. While she was wet we saw she is horribly skinny šŸ˜–. So I gave her a little more honey water & force feed her some watery left over beans. I never thought Iā€™d ever say I had to force feed a chicken šŸ˜‚. I got her all warmed up again & made her bean water paste thing with some chick starter food, it dissolves nicely in this concoction. I guess the sugar kicked in a bit & the little bit of food she got before because she started pecking at that spoon like a little hungry monster šŸ˜†. I have spoon fed her about three times now & she seems to really like the watery bean chick starter paste lol. I do hope it was enough at the right time šŸ„ŗ
When my Black Amarucana ā€œSiriusā€ was attacked by my in-laws dog (had head injury) last year she was barely alive. She wouldnā€™t eat at all, took water forced, but I Tried using that same grower mush... she couldnā€™t even hold her own head but was finally eating. took a month of living inside but she finally was back to normal and back out in the coop... and is happy healthy laying eggs now. I hope your little chick starts thriving.

When my Black Amarucana ā€œSiriusā€ was attacked by my in-laws dog (had head injury) last year she was barely alive. She wouldnā€™t eat at all, took water forced, but I Tried using that same grower mush... she couldnā€™t even hold her own head but was finally eating. took a month of living inside but she finally was back to normal and back out in the coop... and is happy healthy laying eggs now. I hope your little chick starts thriving.

thank you for sharing that amazing story!! šŸ„°šŸ„° I am so glad Sirius made it!! Gives me hope my little one will to šŸ˜Š

3055A21F-D341-4343-AC0B-25886142A551.jpeg

March 23rd, 2020 - March 31st, 2020
ā€œWe fought so hard together, Iā€™m sorry I couldnā€™t keep you until your brothers and sisters cameā€.

Back
Top Bottom